MozillaZine

The Official 20170731 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Josa
 
Posts: 2461
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 7:38 am

Previous Nightly Builds thread 20170730

The Official 20170731 NIGHTLY builds are out
.The Official Firefox 55 RC1 builds are not yet out

Previous NIGHTLY: 20170730 (Fx 56.0a1)
Previous BETA: 20170728 (Fx 55.0b13)

Tinderbox Builds
Treeherder
Release Notes: NIGHTLY | BETA
Changelogs: NIGHTLY | BETA


Fixed:
    NIGHTLY +16
  1. #1385701 [Core:Audio/Video: Playback]-Suspicious missing comma in ContainerParser.cpp [Uns][]
  2. #1385748 [Core:Audio/Video: Playback]-Remove MDSM::IsLogicallyPlaying() [Uns][]
  3. #1366956 [Core:CSS Parsing and Computation]-stylo: Support layout.css.prefixes.device-pixel-ratio-webkit pref [Uns][]
  4. #1279218 [Core:DOM]-Remove <applet> element [Uns][Blocked on removing Java support. Revisit after Firefox 52 ESR.]
  5. #1383755 [Core:Editor]-Crash [@hdr] in /home/worker/workspace/build/src/obj-firefox/dist/include/nsTArray.h:525:32 [Uns][]
  6. #1384403 [Core:Graphics: WebRender]-Disable render_on_scroll in webrender [Uns][]
  7. #1384869 [Core:Graphics: WebRender]-Fix ImageCompositeNotification when WebRender is enabled [Uns][]
  8. #1385181 [Core:JavaScript Engine]-Redundant copying when return from HashTable::lookupForAdd() [Win][]
  9. #1383205 [Core:Layout: Form Controls]-[e10s] long drop down menu results in constant beach ball [All][[qf]]
  10. #1385159 [Core:Layout: Web Painting]-Use autoarryay to prevent buffer allocation in DrawTargetSkia::DrawGlyphs [Uns][[qf]]
  11. #1322537 [Core:SVG]-SVG: hang & memory exhaustion inside of mozilla::gfx::Path::EnsureFlattenedPath(), with animateMotion [Uns][[fuzzblocker]]
  12. #1364038 [Core:WebRTC: Audio/Video]-getUserMedia returns an unusable stream after removing and reconnecting camera [Uns][]
  13. #1385402 [Firefox:General]-Cloud Storage API - getDownloadFolder to always return valid download path [Uns][]
  14. #1336518 [Firefox:Sync]-Move Sync history queries into PlacesSyncUtils [Uns][[bad first bug][lang=js]]
  15. #641212 [Toolkit:Application Update]-LZMA support for updater [All][[fxgrowth][fce-active]]
  16. #1105689 [Toolkit:Application Update]-Support stronger hash algorithms than SHA1 for signing certificates [All][[fce-active]]

    Partial Landings/Diagnostic Patches:
    None

    Beta 13 -> RC 1 Changelog +1
  1. #1371484

Nightly 56 fixes since 20170613 (Gecko 55) ~2507
Beta 55 fixes since 20170306 (Gecko 54) ~5209

Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Release Tracking
MozRegression Guide
Last edited by Josa on July 31st, 2017, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

squall_leonhart

User avatar
 
Posts: 879
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 5:32 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 10:49 am

hmm... servo and ABP do not get along very well...

sciguyryan
Folder@Home

User avatar
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: November 10th, 2004, 1:33 pm
Location: Wales

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 2:45 pm

squall_leonhart wrote:hmm... servo and ABP do not get along very well...


I haven't played with ABP in a while but uBlock and Servo seem to work together harmoniously. It may be worth giving uBlock a try and seeing if your issues persist.
Visit My Blog if you want to hear more.

Ryan Jones

Albert71292

User avatar
 
Posts: 18
Joined: February 13th, 2004, 3:46 pm
Location: West Monroe, Louisiana

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 2:55 pm

For some reason, Hulu doesn't play video on either the latest Firefox Beta OR Nightly. Just get a black box with a non-spinning circle in the center of it. Works fine in Opera, Chrome, and Vivaldi.

Grantius

User avatar
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: June 28th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 3:50 pm

I'm getting this crash on startup with the latest nightly. Reverting to 28/7/17 build works fine:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1276488
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

streetwolf

User avatar
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: August 21st, 2011, 8:07 am
Location: NJ (USA). Home of the fat guy on the beach.

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 5:14 pm

Albert71292 wrote:For some reason, Hulu doesn't play video on either the latest Firefox Beta OR Nightly. Just get a black box with a non-spinning circle in the center of it. Works fine in Opera, Chrome, and Vivaldi.


Are you blocking third party cookies? I had the same type of situation playing videos at tbs.com until I accepted all third party cookies.
i7 Quad 3770K @ 5Ghz|ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe|Corsair 1050W PSU|Corsair H100iV2 CPU Cooler|Corsair 16GB RAM|Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB|DUAL ASUS PA249Q IPS 24" LCDs|Samsung SSD 830, 840 256GB|2TB Seagate|Windows 10 Pro x64 (v1703)|AMD Crimson 17.7.2|FIOS 1Gb/1Gb

Albert71292

User avatar
 
Posts: 18
Joined: February 13th, 2004, 3:46 pm
Location: West Monroe, Louisiana

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 5:30 pm

streetwolf wrote: Are you blocking third party cookies? I had the same type of situation playing videos at tbs.com until I accepted all third party cookies.


I was, but just tried allowing them. No change. Hulu video still isn't loading.

The Tinsmith
 
Posts: 602
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 10:29 am

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 5:47 pm

Albert71292 wrote:
streetwolf wrote: Are you blocking third party cookies? I had the same type of situation playing videos at tbs.com until I accepted all third party cookies.


I was, but just tried allowing them. No change. Hulu video still isn't loading.


They used to be real Ba*tards about ads and adblockers.

Albert71292

User avatar
 
Posts: 18
Joined: February 13th, 2004, 3:46 pm
Location: West Monroe, Louisiana

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 5:55 pm

The Tinsmith wrote: They used to be real Ba*tards about ads and adblockers.


I'm paying for the no ads plan.

Omega X

User avatar
 
Posts: 7817
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 2:38 pm
Location: A Parallel Dimension...

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 7:10 pm

squall_leonhart wrote:hmm... servo and ABP do not get along very well...


Stylo, not Servo. I haven't had any issues with ABP and Stylo but I'm using the ABP dev build so that may matter. Though there were some complains yesterday about Stylo and UBo.

Also, for anyone who wants to see where Stylo matters just go to the Google Play Store. The delay between switching sections is much smaller. To chart it, just open the Performance Tab in Dev Tools and record when you interact with the page. On my machine it takes between 0.3ms and 0.20ms to restyle every time. Stylo does it immediately, 0.00ms. I didn't think it added up that much but each restyle is a small delay on the old backend.
Latest: Firefox/55.0.1 *ESR/52.3.0 - Mobile/55.0 - Thunderbird/52.2.1 - SeaMonkey/2.46
Nightly: Nightly/57.0a1 - Mobile/57.0a1 - Daily/52.0a1 - SeaMonkey/2.49a1

squall_leonhart

User avatar
 
Posts: 879
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 5:32 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Omega X wrote:
squall_leonhart wrote:hmm... servo and ABP do not get along very well...


Stylo, not Servo. I haven't had any issues with ABP and Stylo but I'm using the ABP dev build so that may matter. Though there were some complains yesterday about Stylo and UBo.

Also, for anyone who wants to see where Stylo matters just go to the Google Play Store. The delay between switching sections is much smaller. To chart it, just open the Performance Tab in Dev Tools and record when you interact with the page. On my machine it takes between 0.3ms and 0.20ms to restyle every time. Stylo does it immediately, 0.00ms. I didn't think it added up that much but each restyle is a small delay on the old backend.


a certain adult video site ending in hub would spike the content process to 100% ( with all cores) when a video started playing if ##NONE.nonesuch was configured to hide the side ad element.

And so long as ABP was turned on, with just easylist applied, a variety of tumblrs would cause massive working set spikes.

mayankleoboy1
 
Posts: 374
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 8:28 pm

squall_leonhart wrote:hmm... servo and ABP do not get along very well...

I have filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1384945

squall_leonhart

User avatar
 
Posts: 879
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 5:32 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 9:26 pm

mayankleoboy1 wrote:
squall_leonhart wrote:hmm... servo and ABP do not get along very well...

I have filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1384945



thanks, i was looking for an existing report and couldn't see one.

This looks to be exactly what I am seeing for the Tumblr situation.

not sure about the maxed process issue

Omega X

User avatar
 
Posts: 7817
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 2:38 pm
Location: A Parallel Dimension...

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 9:41 pm

squall_leonhart wrote:
a certain adult video site ending in hub would spike the content process to 100% ( with all cores) when a video started playing if ##NONE.nonesuch was configured to hide the side ad element.

And so long as ABP was turned on, with just easylist applied, a variety of tumblrs would cause massive working set spikes.


They are known for fighting ad blockers. They try literally everything short of DDoSing people visiting. I'm surprised the video even parsed to load.
Latest: Firefox/55.0.1 *ESR/52.3.0 - Mobile/55.0 - Thunderbird/52.2.1 - SeaMonkey/2.46
Nightly: Nightly/57.0a1 - Mobile/57.0a1 - Daily/52.0a1 - SeaMonkey/2.49a1

squall_leonhart

User avatar
 
Posts: 879
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 5:32 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted July 30th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Omega X wrote:
squall_leonhart wrote:
a certain adult video site ending in hub would spike the content process to 100% ( with all cores) when a video started playing if ##NONE.nonesuch was configured to hide the side ad element.

And so long as ABP was turned on, with just easylist applied, a variety of tumblrs would cause massive working set spikes.


They are known for fighting ad blockers. They try literally everything short of DDoSing people visiting. I'm surprised the video even parsed to load.


lets not blame the website for an issue only exposed with stylo enabled. the multithreaded CSS renderer needs hang detection and recovery like the plugin and script systems.

Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests