The Official 20170819 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Mouse5

Re: The Official 20170819 builds are not yet out

Post by Mouse5 »

1for-matik wrote:
ICQ5 wrote: i can see the point but if Mozilla were " confident " enough in the fact 57 will be the New an improved Firefox im sure they'd remove that string an force people to look for WebExtensions
Maybe it's because the pref is only on nightly channel to help developers converting their addons?

That pref trick to enable legacy extension will not be on beta or stable channel and will be deleted soon on nightly (maybe 58 ?)
no idea, but if one rtemembers Australis was supposed to come out in firefox4 if i recall, that got delayed, so with Mozilla anything is likely to happen
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

1for-matik wrote:That pref trick to enable legacy extension will not be on beta or stable channel and will be deleted soon on nightly (maybe 58 ?)
Although you are writing that as though it's a statement of fact, it is actually your opinion of what you think might happen, isn't it?

Think about it, some of the existing 'conversions' have taken well over 6 months to write. Then consider that some required APIs for others don't even exist yet. So, how's that going to work? API released in October and developer has a couple of months to convert at which point Mozilla pulls the plug on the pref?

Don't forget, Mozilla is in no position to lay down the law to devs on this stuff or they will be promptly told to '**** off and make it yourself, then', by many devs who don't want to waste time on this stuff anyway.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mdew

Post by mdew »

Still seems mozilla are ignoring my bug regarding tinderbox builds, not a peep said.
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

mdew wrote:Still seems mozilla are ignoring my bug regarding tinderbox builds, not a peep said.
there's a new spot to get them now i think its called " Taskcluster " ask or PM TheVisitor "
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

mozian wrote:
GHM113 wrote:Legacy addons published on AMO can no longer be installed in Nightly. Is there an easy workaround?
extensions.legacy.enabled = true
Unfortunately, the problem is more serious: I have extensions.legacy.enabled set to true and I can't install any legacy addon from AMO because of the warning "this add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox". I also can't update any legacy extension using about:addons.

It looks like Mozilla decided to mark all legacy addons on AMO as incompatible with FF57. The only solution I found is to download .xpi from AMO using Firefox 56 and then install it from hard drive in Nightly.
Sorry for my poor English.
Mupasa

Post by Mupasa »

Whats happening with uMatrix/webext on moz-extension:// scheme? Icon hidding on several seconds that very annoying.
mdew

Post by mdew »

ICQ5 wrote:
mdew wrote:Still seems mozilla are ignoring my bug regarding tinderbox builds, not a peep said.
there's a new spot to get them now i think its called " Taskcluster " ask or PM TheVisitor "
Did PM him, no response so far.
1for-matik

Post by 1for-matik »

Frank Lion wrote:
1for-matik wrote:That pref trick to enable legacy extension will not be on beta or stable channel and will be deleted soon on nightly (maybe 58 ?)
Although you are writing that as though it's a statement of fact, it is actually your opinion of what you think might happen, isn't it?
That legacy extensions will be disabled in nightly : a thought, in fact : not planned.
But in beta/stable channel : it's a fact (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Webext ... r/Testplan) and with no pref to reactivate them.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

1for-matik wrote:But in beta/stable channel : it's a fact
Yep, we all knew that - I should have edited that bit out of the quote, as I was referring solely to the Nightly position.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

Peja Stija wrote:Q: Can opening a specific website in Firefox really make your COMPUTER hard crash ? (BSOD can be reproduced as much as I want)

My internet provider's homepage is now ALWAYS crashing my whole system (atikmpag.sys driver crash due to graphics driver timeout and not able to restart in time), constantly, in all flavors of firefox, stable, nightly, even Cyberfox.
Hardware Acceleration = Enabled.

When I restart firefox with Add-ons disabled, or use a different browser (Vivaldi) it doesn't crash.

P.S. Atikmpag.sys = display driver of my notebook's ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card.
You are apparently not the only one.
https://www.google.com/search?q=atikmpa ... 8&oe=utf-8

I'm sure you know this but...let Windows search for you.

Right click "MyComputer"
Select "Manage"
Click "Device Manager"

Double click "Display Adapters"
Right click "AMD Adapter"

Select "Update driver software"
Select "Search automatically for updated software"
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

mdew wrote:
ICQ5 wrote:
Did PM him, no response so far.
Get the former Tinderbox builds here...... https://tools.taskcluster.net/index/art ... t.firefox/
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Anybody get an official update to 56.0b4 yet?

I'm clicking Help > About Firefox and being told 56.0b3 is up to date. Again.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Nope, same here on Windows.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Josa

Re: The Official 20170819 builds are out

Post by Josa »