The Official 20170823 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Mupasa

Re: The Official 20170823 builds are not yet out

Post by Mupasa »

GHM113 wrote:The best part:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1371765#c7
Showing the Recent Downloads icon only when needed is an important aspect of the Photon design. We're doing this for a few reasons. One, it clears up unnecessary clutter in the toolbar, to help the user stay focused on what's relevant at the moment. Two, it removes the potential of a user accidentally hiding an important feature via the customize menu. Three, we're solving the access to Previous Downloads with the Library, so there's no need to leave a vestigial tool around because it has a backdoor to that information.
My personal opinion: this guy is an idiot.
I'm join to your opinion. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Last edited by Mupasa on August 23rd, 2017, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Showing the Recent Downloads icon only when needed is an important aspect of the Photon design. We're doing this for a few reasons. One, it clears up unnecessary clutter in the toolbar, to help the user stay focused on what's relevant at the moment. Two, it removes the potential of a user accidentally hiding an important feature via the customize menu. Three, we're solving the access to Previous Downloads with the Library, so there's no need to leave a vestigial tool around because it has a backdoor to that information.
Well, I guess I didn't read the most recent Photon newsletter carefully enough to read about it being removed. If it is mentioned at all.

Kind of a jolting experience to find it missing after years of seeing a Download button in the toolbar. [-X

I look forward to the "alternate access point for past downloads and for the Library window " mentioned in another bug.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

I just downloaded the latest hourly, and per previous discussion in todays thread - I am now missing the Download Icon as well on Win10, 32 bit builds.

Ugh! just saw the post above this one - WTF ? Add me to the opinion poll of the 'Guy is an ID-10-T

That leaves us with no download indicator except what's show in the Windows Taskbar, not sure what other OS show if anything. STUPID
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

TheVisitor wrote:That leaves us with no download indicator except what's show in the Windows Taskbar, not sure what other OS show if anything. STUPID
Negative. Once you initiate a download, the button should appear and remain in session until you clear the downloads panel from the button. Then it is supposed to disappear again until you initiate a download. That's how I understood it from the bug report.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

"DOWNLOAD BUTTON - I WILL BE BACK" extension coming SOON(TM) to your Firefox ](*,)
if it's still even possible with WebExtension policy... [-o<
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

UX team seems to be insane. :banana: :banana: :eyeroll2: :banana: :eyeroll2:
Last edited by Alice0775 on August 23rd, 2017, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

smsmith wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:That leaves us with no download indicator except what's show in the Windows Taskbar, not sure what other OS show if anything. STUPID
Negative. Once you initiate a download, the button should appear and remain in session until you clear the downloads panel from the button. Then it is supposed to disappear again until you initiate a download. That's how I understood it from the bug report.

Confirmed, thanks, that is indeed how it works....

Future support complaing - My Download button keeps disappearing' ](*,)
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

bjherbison wrote:
Alice0775 wrote:97f7f5175b2f Gijs Kruitbosch — Bug 1371765 - make downloads button non-customizable, r=jaws,Paolo

non-customizable :shock:](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :mrgreen:
It's a little customizable. You can control the placement by moving other icons around it. You just can't remove it or move it to another bar.

And it does appear after you download a file.
No, not posible.
The download button is placed always just right side of Location Bar or SearchBar at next session.
Are You A Wiiizard?

Post by Are You A Wiiizard? »

Wow... That's just stupid!

I use the download button to quickly get to my downloads folder and recently downloaded library (which is currently bugged).

UX team really don't know how to design a UI...
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Filed
[*]#1393080 [Firefox:Toolbars and Customization]-Download toolbutton should be visible as a placeholder in customize mode. [Uns]
[*]#1393096 [Firefox:Toolbars and Customization]-toolbar customization is lost after restart browser [Uns]
[*]#1393103 [Firefox:Toolbars and Customization]-No longer possible drag and dropping an object to the download toolbutton [Uns]
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Anybody know why the 64-bit windows build isn't available? I see the 32-bit build.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Peja Stija

Post by Peja Stija »

Well, you have to understand, that download icon was butt ugly though, so I see a spark of a reason why they got rid of it.
AteUte52

Post by AteUte52 »

smsmith wrote:Anybody know why the 64-bit windows build isn't available? I see the 32-bit build.
64-bit got busted and has not been restarted so far...
Josa

Re: The Official 20170823 builds are out

Post by Josa »

Jgr9

Post by Jgr9 »

I agree.