Firefox 57 Bookmarks help...

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
stealth83

Firefox 57 Bookmarks help...

Post by stealth83 »

First I love everything about the new Quantum build and firefox has been my only browser of choice for ever so I am use to things a certain way and am fine with changes except the bookmarks which I have a lot of. Before 57 I could click menu and bookmarks and the window pops open and I have many folders at the top then some misc bookmarks right there to click on and now everything seems all jumbled. I have to click the bookmark icon, then bookmarks and all I see is recently bookmarked and none of my folders until I click show all bookmarks and then a couple more clicks to get to my folders. My question? Is there a way for me to change something and get bookmarks back the way it was in 55? I cant figure out how to get to be the same it was and i really want it the old way. Thank You so much for the best browser in the World. :D

Wally

Update: I just realized that if I right click the top of the browser and activate menu Ill now have a menu with "Bookmarks" in it and when I click that my bookmarks are exactly the way they were in 55, I just dont want to keep that menu bar so how can I take that bookmark button and put where the view history, saved bookmarks, and more icon is over to the right. Thanks again...
Last edited by stealth83 on September 30th, 2017, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox 57 Bookmarks help...

Post by DanRaisch »

Yes, version 57 is changing a lot of things but it's not yet a release version. Any particular reason you are using it prior to it being released?
stealth83

Post by stealth83 »

Sure, I wanted to try it out because many people are saying how much faster it is ect and if it didnt work for me Id just go back to 55 but so far 57 is working great for me all except the bookmarks.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

how can I take that bookmark button and put where the view history, saved bookmarks, and more icon is over to the right.
Sounds like you have your toolbars set up differently than the standard as what you describe doesn't match what I see in a default installation.
Could you make do with the Bookmarks sidebar? Press Ctrl+B.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

stealth83 wrote:Sure, I wanted to try it out because many people are saying how much faster it is ect and if it didnt work for me Id just go back to 55 but so far 57 is working great for me all except the bookmarks.

Open the 'Customize Panel'
There should be a Bookmark Icon (star with a bracket under it) and place it on the NavBar
stealth83

Post by stealth83 »

Ive tried that Visitor, still the same. In a little while Ill take screenshots and youll see exactly what Im seeing.

Took 4 screens of the process, please see hot the bookmarks are organized in 1st screen and the process I go through to get to bookmarks i need with the view history/save bookmark icon.

https://imgur.com/a/pM6IH
stealth83

Post by stealth83 »

Thanks for the help all, but you can close this thread as for some reason the bookmarks star icon rearranged the bookmarks and all is well now. Sorry if I wasted any ones time but now I really like this new version. Thank You so much!!!

Wally
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

not sure if it would help you.

i have all bookmarks in a special folder in the bookmarks toolbar - where i can drag&drop it anywhere with customize ("bookmarks symbol" or similar).
i dont need a bookmarks toolbar itself, only tabs and addressbar.

i chromium i missed and installed this one:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ngknafklbj
do not work in firefox 57 but there is no need for

and this one is really really slow
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... nd-viewer/