Remember Last Bookmark Save Location Option (Fx 57 Beta)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
bluenachos

Remember Last Bookmark Save Location Option (Fx 57 Beta)

Post by bluenachos »

I am having a hard time finding out a solution for this. What I am trying to accomplish is to have firefox bookmark function remember the last save location. I sometimes bookmark several links one after the other hitting enter to confirm each. Remembering the last save location would be very helpful. In chrome, it functions as such and this is the only thing keeping me from switching to firefox fully. Is there an addon or a setting in firefox that can get this working?

I am using Firefox 57.
Last edited by bluenachos on October 12th, 2017, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brummelchen

Re: Remember Last Bookmark Save Location Option

Post by Brummelchen »

there exist no solution this moment. and in special not for build "75" ^^
Gingerbread Man

Re: Remember Last Bookmark Save Location Option (Fx 57 Beta)

Post by Gingerbread Man »

This was a feature provided by Add Bookmark Here ² which has been broken since at least Firefox 56. No replacement exists that I know of, but maybe look for people seeking alternatives to that add-on to find suggestions.

The only thing I can recommend is bookmarking by dragging the site icon on the left side of the location bar. It can be dragged onto the bookmarks toolbar (Alt+V, T, B), folders in the sidebar (Ctrl+B), the Library (Ctrl+Shift+B), and the desktop.

Edit: Fixed a typo.
Last edited by Gingerbread Man on October 14th, 2017, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

I'm still having option, which it's under "Choose...", to use last used folder for adding new bookmark in bookmark doorhanger/panelUI in latest Mozilla Firefox Nightly 58.0a1 (2017-10-12).
It may be not full replacement for extension, but it's just 2 more clicks. Also for fast bookmarking all tabs in one window, there is "Bookmark All Tabs" option.
If you can't live without extension, just swap to Firefox ESR, and wait for extension update (if there will be any... ;))
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

there are 4 weeks to go until final. time to invent a proper extension for that.
from my experience and i try some chrome extension it is possible to add bookmarks with a click, and it seems possible to read out the bookmarks tree both is currently possible.
therube

Post by therube »

(
there are 4 weeks to go until final.
Isn't it ridiculous that a company would put something out to market - because there exists a specified date when it should be released, rather then when it is ready :rolleyes:.
)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

firefox also was invented up to version 52 - at least v56 aint ready, but it is discontinued. i dont care about this point - my current OS (windows) aint ready yet so why MS put it on the market? ^^

firefox 57 is ready to use here - i am working on my second profile which has different requirements.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:I'm still having option, which it's under "Choose...", to use last used folder for adding new bookmark in bookmark doorhanger/panelUI in latest Mozilla Firefox Nightly 58.0a1 (2017-10-12).
It may be not full replacement for extension, but it's just 2 more clicks.
That's what I've been doing all these years, but it quickly gets tedious. I have at least 3 sets of sites that I visit, unbookmark, see what's new, then bookmark again (new URL). Every time, I have to pointlessly pick the same folder 6–12 times in a row. I can't use "Bookmark All Tabs" because there are unrelated tabs open.
therube wrote:Isn't it ridiculous that a company would put something out to market - because there exists a specified date when it should be released, rather then when it is ready :rolleyes:.
As the saying goes, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. Not only will add-ons with hundreds of thousands of users stop working, but WebExtensions are broken by basic browser settings and features.

This is fine.
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

Gingerbread Man wrote: I can't use "Bookmark All Tabs" because there are unrelated tabs open.
If that's your only issue you might be able to use Muiltselect Tabs or Multiple Tab Handler (webextensions).
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

"Multiselect Tabs" can not bookmar and the other one is horrible buggy (firefox 57) - bookmarking not possible, it duplicate tabs.
"Windows saver" might perform it, but only in "other bookmarks" - which seems the only place to add bookmarks for now.
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

Brummelchen wrote:"Multiselect Tabs" can not bookmar
Oops, forgot. I use its "Create New Window" feature and then "Bookmark All Tabs" which bookmarks the tabs in that new window. But only use this very rarely (followed by closing the tabs in that window).
Brummelchen wrote: and the other one is horrible buggy (firefox 57)
Indeed, haven't used it in quite awhile; like MultiSelect better.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

no matter - trying out webextensions is not intrusive like before. maybe i find something usable in chrome store to convert
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

therube wrote:(
there are 4 weeks to go until final.
Isn't it ridiculous that a company would put something out to market - because there exists a specified date when it should be released, rather then when it is ready :rolleyes:.
)

Microsoft has been doing that for years with their OS's. Then they spend 10 years updating them, and when they're running smoothly, instead of letting them be, they begin all over again.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Prognathous

Post by Prognathous »

Is there any solution to this issue?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »