Some add-ons missing 'Options' button in Addon Mgr.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
custom.firefox.lady

Some add-ons missing 'Options' button in Addon Mgr.

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

Some of my add-ons are missing their 'Options' button in Addon Manager (and yes they are ones that I know do have options). Anyone else seeing this? This is on Nightly with legacy add-ons enabled, but I'm not sure whether it applies only to legacy add-ons or how recently this first occurred.
Mark12547

Re: Some add-ons missing 'Options' button in Addon Mgr.

Post by Mark12547 »

Sorry, I am not seeing it. My 9 enabled extensions are all WebExtensions, legacy add-ons preference set to False, and the 7 Extensions where I expect Options on the about:addons -> extensions page do have an Options button.

It may be worth checking if your missing Options buttons are for Legacy extensions only. I really don't know how long legacy extensions will continue to work as the Mozilla developers remove more and more legacy code.
Sukigu

Post by Sukigu »

It's probably this. Ever since legacy add-ons were turned off by default on Nightly, they've been unsupported, and the devs have been actively removing old code, which in turn makes them break unexpectedly.
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

Thank for the Bug #. I filed Bug 1418723 to ask if this was intended (it was). I thought the old code they were removing mostly applied to non-bootstrapped exts.
therube

Post by therube »

(A long time ago, there was a theme [an actual theme], that Remembered the last selected (hilited) right-click context-menu selection. Like if you saved an image, Save Image As, the next time you opened the context-menu, Save Image As was hilited. I found that to be a great benefit.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript