tab restore confusion

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Brummelchen

Re: tab restore confusion

Post by Brummelchen »

if you have the normal settings untouched concerning history and keeping history and ending, maybe a cleaning tool in background.
there is reason for failure you have to examine your settings or system.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Today, when the computer woke up, it was consuming an ENORMOUS amount of memory. I ended up killing it, and the tabs all came up. So, today, it loaded the tabs automatically (4 or 5).
therube

Post by therube »

malliz wrote:NoScript is notorious for screwing with profiles and causing problems even when its supposedly disabled
How so?
the author needs a swift kick
Mozilla needs a swift kick for what it has done to its browser, for the drek it has forced upon extension authors.
(NoScript 10 sucks, IMO.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

it was consuming an ENORMOUS amount of memory
if not caused by some extension - its your system that is blowing firefox. in most cases an antivirus super duper BUY ME #-o software.
the magic number is 51 and you are probably part of it :p
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

After going to Help:About Firefox, and getting the 58.0b13 update, it would not reboot.

Looking at Task Manager, it had for Memory (Private Working Set): 2,029,836. I consider that a lot of memory.

It just hung there, and I had to kill Firefox multiple times, over and over and over again.

Here is the message it gave after:
"Sorry. We’re having trouble getting your pages back.

We are having trouble restoring your last browsing session. Select Restore Session to try again.

Still not able to restore your session? Sometimes a tab is causing the issue. View previous tabs, remove the checkmark from the tabs you don’t need to recover, and then restore."
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

DN123ABC wrote:After going to Help:About Firefox, and getting the 58.0b13 update, it would not reboot.

Looking at Task Manager, it had for Memory (Private Working Set): 2,029,836. I consider that a lot of memory.

It just hung there, and I had to kill Firefox multiple times, over and over and over again.

Here is the message it gave after:
"Sorry. We’re having trouble getting your pages back.

We are having trouble restoring your last browsing session. Select Restore Session to try again.

Still not able to restore your session? Sometimes a tab is causing the issue. View previous tabs, remove the checkmark from the tabs you don’t need to recover, and then restore."
i bet it was a misbehaving extension that did it
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Here are the ones I have right now:
Adblock Plus development build 3.0.2.1951beta [DISABLED]
Duplicate Tabs Closer 3.1.2
Nightly Tester Tools 4.0pre20170912
NoScript 10.1.6.2rc1 [DISABLED]
Print Selection to PDF 0.1.0
Tab Counter 0.2.1

These are the ones actually on:
Duplicate Tabs Closer 3.1.2
Nightly Tester Tools 4.0pre20170912
Print Selection to PDF 0.1.0
Tab Counter 0.2.1

I will now disable all extensions, and let you know if that fixes anything.

There are currently 7 processes in Task Manager. 5 of those processes use from 201,xxxk to 333,xxx k Memory (Private Working Set), and from 443,xxx to 1,148,xxx Page Faults. There is one Firefox window open with 12 tabs (including this one).
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

DN123ABC wrote:I will now disable all extensions, and let you know if that fixes anything.
I'll alert the media...

You've been asked multiple times to create a NEW TEST PROFILE (with NO extensions added), have you done that yet ?????
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

mightyglydd wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:I will now disable all extensions, and let you know if that fixes anything.
I'll alert the media...

You've been asked multiple times to create a NEW TEST PROFILE (with NO extensions added), have you done that yet ?????
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles
I'm not about to abandon an entire profile for this, if it is something simple.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

](*,) Jeez... are you familiar with the word "ostriching" ?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I'm not about to abandon an entire profile for this, if it is something simple.
Creating a new test profile does not require you to abandon the existing profile. The process is additive, giving you a second (or third, or...) profile without removing the original. You can switch back and forth from old to new to old as often as you like. The benefit is that you can test without extensions or settings modifications without losing the extensions and/or modifications to the original profile. It should take all of one to two minutes to create that new profile and you've used that much time already in refusing to try it.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

So far, it has worked a little better with all extensions disabled. I hope I didn't jinx myself. I'll wait another day, then turn them on one at a time.