The first official 20190524 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Are You A Wiiizard?

Re: The first official 20190524 builds are not yet out

Post by Are You A Wiiizard? »

Fanolian wrote:
jeny wrote:Couldn't address this issue in virtualbox, but then in virtual box FF didn't use VRAM at all although 2d and 3d are enabled,
So it has something to do with the graphic card
Go to about:memory and take a measure. It may tell you what is using your RAM. Also on the right side it shows what the PID is responsible for.
For me it all just goes into heap-unclassified on the main thread, not exactly useful. The dedicated VRAM is on another thread and forcing end process doesn't stop the leaking or slowness. I'm not sure where to find VRAM usage in about:memory.
jeny

Post by jeny »

Are You A Wiiizard? wrote:
Fanolian wrote:
jeny wrote:Couldn't address this issue in virtualbox, but then in virtual box FF didn't use VRAM at all although 2d and 3d are enabled,
Go to about:memory and take a measure. It may tell you what is using your RAM. Also on the right side it shows what the PID is responsible for.
For me it all just goes into heap-unclassified on the main thread, not exactly useful. The dedicated VRAM is on another thread and forcing end process doesn't stop the leaking or slowness. I'm not sure where to find VRAM usage in about:memory.
What windows are you using?`
Are you on Windows 10 1903 18362.116?

If so try to update to windows insider version 18362.145 using the cab files and return

I updated to 18362.145 and the problem seems to be fixed so far,
jeny

Post by jeny »

Are You A Wiiizard? wrote:
Fanolian wrote:
It is windows issue, I started FF 40 minuets ago the process that usually leaks is using only 250MB RAM + 150 VRAM

By far it would be now at least 4GB + 3GB

For sure it was a windows bug,

I noticed that cause I didn't encounter the memory leak in virtual box and I use another version of windows there

jeny

Post by jeny »

knowguy wrote:68 Beta 3 was great for me but I am noticing a slow creep up in memory in Beta 4 for some reason.
If you have read my earlier post, for me it was a windows bug!

Are you on windows v1903 build 18362.116? if so try to update to the version 18362.145 KB4497935, beware you should also update the the servicing stack KB4498523

The new build of windows build 18362.145 fixed the memory leak for me"

If you are not on the insider ring, you can update using the cab files, google it
jeny

Post by jeny »

I can say with absolute certainty it was a windows + FF 68 bug,

Updating Windows fixed the problem for me,

I hope anyone with the problem can confirm
Josa

Re: The first official 20190524 builds are out

Post by Josa »