FIREFOX NOT LOADING AFTER NEW betaINSTALL

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
randyandy

Re: FIREFOX NOT LOADING AFTER NEW betaINSTALL

Post by randyandy »

Greetings. When a friend set up my Windows 7 OS about 7-8 years ago...he put me on the Firefox beta channel. So we've had a long and until now, trouble free relationship.
randyandy

Post by randyandy »

Hi. My earlier reply to smsmith ...and posted, seems to have disappeared.

Let me repeat. When a tech-smart friend set up my new computer with Windows 7 OS around 7-8 years ago Nick downloaded and installed Firefox beta channel making it default.
I've had the rare tiny glitch over the years according to my posting record....but this new problem started immediately after I download 84.0 beta 1. After click start to install...there it was
stopping at 'new tab'....not completing the Google main page function.
randyandy

Post by randyandy »

For what its worth...and my fingers were crossed, installing the latest version of FF 84.0.beta 4, did not correct the glitch that started immediately with the install of 84.0 beta 1.

Waiting and a hoping. Regards.
randyandy

Post by randyandy »

Did someone from the Firefox beta channel team sneak into my computer when I wasn't looking and fix the glitch? Excuse the attempt at whimsy...but...
If you're read my foregoing notes you know on Nov.17 I installed version 84.0 beta 1. On restart the the function stopped at 'new tab' and would not load my default Google page.
On advise from forum members....and thanks again...I followed a series of tests. None resolved the problem. I'd fire up Firefox , stop at the 'new tab' and use the house icon to load the Google main page.
AND THEN TODAY....midday...this date....I clicked on the Firefox icon in the taskbar and before I could say 'Bob's your uncle' ...the Google main page loaded as its supposed to. I've restarted
Firefox numerous time and every time the Google main page loads. No fluke. But how come after not working for 7 days a remedy appears out of nowhere? Ours is not to reason why...or,the Lord works in mysterious ways. To that and to have Firefox functioning as it should, I say AMEN.
James

Post by James »

The current Beta channel build of 84.0 is 84.0b4 so perhaps you had one or more updates since the 84.0b1
randyandy

Post by randyandy »

Hello James....since installing 84.0 beta 1 when 'the glitch' started Nov. 17th, 84.0 beta 2 installed , same date; Nov. 19th, installed 84.0. beta 3, still a problem, and Nov. 23rd version 84.0 beta 4. The problem persisted. On the 25th, midday, I clicked Firefox to start expecting the loading would stop at 'new tab'. Well you know by my notes above the function successfully took me to the Google main page. I've been wearing a smile of happiness ever since. Cheers