MozillaZine

Other Bookmarks folder showing in Bookmarks Bar

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Gone Postal

Post Posted November 18th, 2020, 3:08 pm

I am on the beta channel and currently running v84.0b2 on Windows 10.

Until updating from v83 I had my bookmarks toolbar set up so that all of the icons and folders I needed just filled the full width of the toolbar. Since updating to v84 the Other Bookmarks folder has been forced onto the right hand end of the Bookmarks toolbar and some of the items I regularly use can now only be reached by clicking on the >> marking to get the drop-down menu.

When I go to the Bookmarks Menu, and Show All Bookmarks the Other Bookmarks folder is still showing under All Bookmarks rather than the Bookmarks Toolbar sub-folder.

Is anyone else seeing the same and can anyone suggest how to shift the Other Bookmarks folder off the Bookmarks toolbar?

DanRaisch

Post Posted November 18th, 2020, 3:34 pm

Moving to Firefox Builds where pre-release versions are best discussed.

TheVisitor

Post Posted November 18th, 2020, 3:55 pm

Gone Postal wrote:I am on the beta channel and currently running v84.0b2 on Windows 10.

Until updating from v83 I had my bookmarks toolbar set up so that all of the icons and folders I needed just filled the full width of the toolbar. Since updating to v84 the Other Bookmarks folder has been forced onto the right hand end of the Bookmarks toolbar and some of the items I regularly use can now only be reached by clicking on the >> marking to get the drop-down menu.

When I go to the Bookmarks Menu, and Show All Bookmarks the Other Bookmarks folder is still showing under All Bookmarks rather than the Bookmarks Toolbar sub-folder.

Is anyone else seeing the same and can anyone suggest how to shift the Other Bookmarks folder off the Bookmarks toolbar?

It's a recent 'new feature - but... this is a bug being worked on to 'hide' Other bookmarks' https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1674539
Please do NOT comment in the bug, it looks a patch is about ready... whether it gets propagated back to 84 remains to be seen as it will land in Nightly builds first.

Gone Postal

Post Posted November 19th, 2020, 8:05 am

@The Visitor

Thanks for the info and update.

Gone Postal

Post Posted Yesterday, 1:37 am

For the record, intrusive bookmark has disappeared in v84.0b7 (if not before).

Return to Firefox Builds