bug - update disable

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
guest123321

bug - update disable

Post by guest123321 »

Hi everyone
There is bug it is not possible anymore disable update. I already disabled it in config and still i am getting messages about new updates.
Someone should fix it otherwise i am going out.

firefox developer version

Thanks all.

Note: also it is unprofessional put smiles in settings for example "hahaha firefox is your current default browser" it is really arrogant
Best reg P
WaltS48

Re: bug - update disable

Post by WaltS48 »

Why are you using a beta version?

You will get less frequent update prompts with a release version.

Note: Firefox 88 release should start to update to Firefox 89 release for some users starting tomorrow.
The beta will become 90.0b1 and the nightly 91.0a1.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
guest123321

Post by guest123321 »

thanks for your great suggestion regard alternative way...

Please i dont see any alternative version as a beta or full release
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/

please in config / settings there are no any alternative which update i should get (beta/full ver)
please can you help me out how to prevent any updates on developer version? You see i tried find that you suggestion but i cant see it...

Thanks so much for you comment
James

Post by James »

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/a ... op-release

The Developer Edition is basically the same as Beta channel but with additional developer features. A version on Beta channel can get say around 9 to 15 builds.

The app.update.channel in about:config if it exists is just to show what channel you are on as changing it in about:config or prefs.js has no effect as it has not been a modifiable preference since Firefox 4.0. You can change channel in channel-prefs.js in Profile file but it is not as if you will then get a update from a Beta build going backwards to current Release. It is for say going from Release to Beta though you may as well install the current Beta build instead in this case.
guest123321

Post by guest123321 »

I am sorry guys,
I recognized that DEVELOPER version is for you mozilla developers and beta testers...
What i thought all the time that it is for "web developers version" because when i started use it them i saw there many features regard web HTML analysis and etc.... and also there was firstly introduced black theme..

Thanks for clarification. I am going to use classic mozilla firefox... I can see there is no many changes

Best regards pablo and sorry for miss understanding.