Browser freezes randomly. V 90.0b5

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
jazwik69

Browser freezes randomly. V 90.0b5

Post by jazwik69 »

Hello,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvYF4_4 ... a%C5%BAwik

Don't know what to do with it, i've already cleared cache, cleared java cache, re-installed the software, even removed all Mozilla data from %appdata%, it lags independently of adblock, i use no other addon. Any clue? I need Mozilla to work with, now i am using Chrome but it's a pain in the ass....
DanRaisch

Re: Browser freezes randomly. V 90.0b5

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Builds where pre-release versions are discussed.

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Is there any reason you are using a beta version of the software rather than a release version?
jazwik69

Post by jazwik69 »

Hello DanRaisch, I will check whether it freezes in safe mode when I come back to that pc. Beta its not intentional.
I just check at help and it updates, shouldn't I get a stable version this way?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No, once you have installed a beta it updates on the beta stream. If you did not intend to go that route, you could switch by downloading the latest release version and deleting the program files of the beta:
Close all applications and reboot the computer.
Clear the browser cache (of whatever browser you are using to download FF) and the Windows Temp directory.
Download a new copy of the full installer from www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all
Delete the directory C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
Run the installer.
jazwik69

Post by jazwik69 »

okey, im gonna replace with a stable built, this one freezes in safe mode despite the fact it was refreshed just before, also turning hardware acceleration off didn't help.
jazwik69

Post by jazwik69 »

ive removed programfiles mozilla folder after unistalling it, i've removed all 3 folders called mozilla from %appdata%, i ve restarted the pc and downloaded version 89 from the link, problem persists, i have no addons, shoudl i go to safe mode and chcek there on this version?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Yes, that would be the recommendation.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

jazwik69 wrote:also turning hardware acceleration off didn't help.
When you tried this, did you close and restart Firefox to see if this helped? I recall seeing reports of people needing to even reboot their computers to check this, too. Given you are using Win7, perhaps this is the case. Give turning off hardware acceleration a try again, too.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
therube

Post by therube »

Not seeing any issues on https://allegro.pl/listing?string=suzuk ... t-1-5-0611.

Computer restart should not be necessary.
(Note that one of the things Safe Mode does is to disable Hardware Acceleration.)

You could test in a new, clean Profile. Also same in Safe Mode.
(Removing %appdata%... probably essentially does that.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript