is tthis normal refresh behavior. (Beta)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
imaddicted2u

is tthis normal refresh behavior. (Beta)

Post by imaddicted2u »

In Firefox 97.0b5 (64-bit) on Windows 11...When some pages auto-refresh it jumps to top of page. Very annoying when you are reading something and you have to scroll back to where you were. I've tried setting accessibility.blockautorefresh=True but that stops all auto-refreshing.
I tested same sites in Edge and Chrome, they auto-refresh but stay in same place on page.
Some pages go to top of page when going back. I tested same page in Edge and Chrome, they return to where it was on previous page.
Is there a setting or fix for this behavior?
LIMPET235

Re: is tthis normal refresh behavior. (Beta)

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to the BUILDS forum...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
bjherbison

Post by bjherbison »

Is the behavior different from a manual refresh of the same pages?

I've noticed that some pages return to the same spot on a manual refresh and some go to the top. This isn't a new issue, I've seen it for years.

If you have some public pages where the behavior of Firefox is different from Chrome and annoying then but something in Bugzilla.
imaddicted2u

Post by imaddicted2u »

On manual refresh some return to same spot on the page. Some return to same place. I'll put something in Bugzilla. Thanks.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

This used to be a real problem, but I remember them fixing it. Haven't come across this in a while unless it is one of those over fancy sites that shows more content as you scroll, but even those I don't recall bouncing back to the top of the page. I'd be interested in the list of sites you are seeing this on.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

i remember this problem, it used to happen to me on the heraldsun.com.au page, was annoying but i havent had the issue for sometime now.