profile move

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
smsmith

Re: profile move

Post by smsmith »

From the kb, http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folde ... ox#Windows
On Windows Vista and above, profile folders are in this location, by default:

C:\Users\<Windows login/user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile folder>.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

At this point, not sure if that's what I did, but it all seems to be working as before. Has a dark theme, though, which is awful. Need to get back to dark writing on white background.

Thanks.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Open Addons and Themes, go to the Themes section and pick the Light theme.

Or check Settings -> General, Website Appearance. There should be four choices there. Mine is set to "Nightly Theme" and follows the OS theme settings. Since I use a light theme for regular applications, that's what I see. If I switch to a dark OS theme (dark application windows) Nightly automatically changes to match my OS theme. But if you pick the Light Nightly (Firefox) theme, then your Firefox windows turns light regardless of your OS settings.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Thanks everyone for your help.

Another silly Windows 11 question:
I ran Windows Updates (again, Windows 11), and upon restarting Firefox, it just goes to home page. On the old one, it would "Restore Previous Session" automatically. Now, I need to go to History menu and do that manually. Has that changed in the program? Thinking this might be the case, since I copied over the entire profile.

Thanks again.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

smsmith wrote:Open Addons and Themes, go to the Themes section and pick the Light theme.

Or check Settings -> General, Website Appearance. There should be four choices there. Mine is set to "Nightly Theme" and follows the OS theme settings. Since I use a light theme for regular applications, that's what I see. If I switch to a dark OS theme (dark application windows) Nightly automatically changes to match my OS theme. But if you pick the Light Nightly (Firefox) theme, then your Firefox windows turns light regardless of your OS settings.
There is a "Dark" theme, but no corresponding "Light" theme.

In any event, I changed it in Windows 11. I did like the 2 circular backgrounds, 1 for each monitor, but I found an aurora picture I just stretched across both screens instead.

Thanks anyhow.
bjherbison

Post by bjherbison »

DN123ABC wrote:Another silly Windows 11 question:
I ran Windows Updates (again, Windows 11), and upon restarting Firefox, it just goes to home page. On the old one, it would "Restore Previous Session" automatically. Now, I need to go to History menu and do that manually. Has that changed in the program? Thinking this might be the case, since I copied over the entire profile.
I find it hard to believe that the restore previous session option would be removed from Windows 11. What does about:preferences#general show (first item)?
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

bjherbison wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:Another silly Windows 11 question:
I find it hard to believe that the restore previous session option would be removed from Windows 11. What does about:preferences#general show (first item)?
It was unchecked. I just now checked it off. Wish there were a way to restore "private" window tabs also.

Thanks for the help.
bjherbison

Post by bjherbison »

DN123ABC wrote:It was unchecked. I just now checked it off. Wish there were a way to restore "private" window tabs also.
Saving the URLs from a private window would be a security risk.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

bjherbison wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:It was unchecked. I just now checked it off. Wish there were a way to restore "private" window tabs also.
Saving the URLs from a private window would be a security risk.
Oh, I get it. But those risks should be decided by the user, not a company.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

quote]Oh, I get it. But those risks should be decided by the user, not a company.[/quote]
Yes. But no. If they left it to the user and the user chose to take the risk, do you think that the company could not be sued if there was a data breach? Think about how you need to have complex passwords when you might just want to use "123" or "password". Shouldn't it be up to the user how complex their passwords are?