BSOD when dragging window between monitors on recent builds.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
JohnnyH12

BSOD when dragging window between monitors on recent builds.

Post by JohnnyH12 »

Just recently I started getting a BSOD when trying to drag my Nightly window between dual monitors. This ONLY happens with Firefox, and just started within the last couple days. It also ONLY happens when I have "Hardware Acceleration" enabled in the Firefox settings. Otherwise everything else works fine as it has been. The main monitor is hooked up to my GPU, and the secondary is hooked up to my internal graphics. The error occurs with the file Dxgmms1.sys when I get the BSOD.

I am on version 115.0a1 (2023-05-11) (64-bit) using Windows 10.
Snake4

Re: BSOD when dragging window between monitors on recent bui

Post by Snake4 »

Video Drivers? give us more info to work on, what did you do to troubleshoot it yaself? sounds to me like a Hardware fault,
JohnnyH12

Post by JohnnyH12 »

I updated both the Nvidia drivers and the Intel drivers. I disable Hardware Acceleration on Firefox, and then it works fine. I have Hardware Acceleration turned on in Chrome, and I am able to drag windows freely between monitors, as I have been with all programs including Firefox up until about 2 days ago. Nightly is the only program this happens with, and only with Hardware Acceleration turned on.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

JohnnyH12 wrote:I updated both the Nvidia drivers and the Intel drivers. I disable Hardware Acceleration on Firefox, and then it works fine. I have Hardware Acceleration turned on in Chrome, and I am able to drag windows freely between monitors, as I have been with all programs including Firefox up until about 2 days ago. Nightly is the only program this happens with, and only with Hardware Acceleration turned on.
HWA problems cause a lot of issues,
but whats the intel driver for? what Hardware?
JohnnyH12

Post by JohnnyH12 »

The internal graphics that the 2nd monitor is attached to. Intel HD 4000
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

JohnnyH12 wrote:The internal graphics that the 2nd monitor is attached to. Intel HD 4000
just wondering if there's a conflict happening between the Nvidia driver an intel
JohnnyH12

Post by JohnnyH12 »

But everything else works fine when dragging windows. It's only Firefox.