The Official Win32 20051129 [Branch] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
DeepFreeze3

Post by DeepFreeze3 »

Cusser wrote:AUS is back up and running. Enjoy your repeated restarts ;)

James wrote:On another note, updates are working for me now as I just updated seven times from Nov.21 to Nov.28

Hmmm ... interesting that AUS starts working again mere hours before the official release of Firefox 1.5 happens.

I'll try a manual update on "the big day" and see if it works for me or not.
Steven.S

Post by Steven.S »

Steven.S wrote:
Steven.S wrote:Does anyone else have issues when visiting the proof of concept site for the new IE vulnerability? Go to the article at security.ithub site and click the link for the proof of concept. The Windows XP link on that page freezes my browser and causes 100% CPU usage. The only way I can stop it is closing Firefox. On IE it opens up calc.exe because of the vulnerability, but it shouldn't cause problems with Firefox as far as I know.

Can anyone confirm it's a possible bug?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051120 Firefox/1.5

Can somebody file a bug for this who has the privileges? I tried searching for an existing bug and couldn't find one, but I'm not all that good with bugzilla searching.

Nevermind, the bug has already been reported: Bug 317334
runab0ut

Post by runab0ut »

1.5 is going to be out in a few hours... why ain't the red bugs on the first page, get updated or fixed? (or they're to be marked for 2.0?)
tmeader

Post by tmeader »

runab0ut, those bugs are not the "official" Firefox 1.5 bugs. Those are merely the bugs that Peter deems the most annoying/important for everyone. This could have to do with being most commonly reported, or simply just the most visible. For the list of the official release version blocking bugs, look below the red list to the seperate bugzilla query links. In particualr the one for "Bugs confirmed for blocking ___". These are the ones that are required to be fixed prior to release. You'll note that "Firefox 1.5" no longer has an entry, since all its blockers are gone.
nrthomas

Post by nrthomas »

DeepFreeze3 wrote:Hmmm ... interesting that AUS starts working again mere hours before the official release of Firefox 1.5 happens.

I'll try a manual update on "the big day" and see if it works for me or not.
It turns out that the system that builds nightly updates is quite separate from the release one. And the one guy who knows the update builds systems best was away last week. No need to be concerned, or to see conspiracies where there are none.
Ale

Post by Ale »

CrazyFred wrote:No need to be concerned, or to see conspiracies where there are none.

They got to you too, didn't they? ;)

Guys, you've been doing a great job! Keep up the good work!
nrthomas

Post by nrthomas »

Where's my tin hat gone ? I can never find it when I need it.

Oh wait, they don't work. :-)
Nick Thomas - Mozilla Release Engineer
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

This thread is closed, please use the next one
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)