Updated-Win32Nightly Build Dec 29 Won't Install XPI Package

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

I tried with the 01/17. I think the broke something else.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

alanjstr wrote:I tried with the 01/17. I think the broke something else.

They definitely broke the Linux version...

http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33330
Kubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-25-generic) / KDE 3.5.10
CentOS 4.8 (kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) / KDE 3.5.10
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) / iPhone 3GS (32GB black)
peterthevicar

Post by peterthevicar »

Jeff_pony wrote:Does anyone know how to get the above method to work for the 18-Jan-2003 build? I have tried the above method and have run into a few probs that are beyond my abilities to fix. If not could anyone give me that last build that worked using the method aforementioned..

I used 12-28 to install apps then copied the associated .jar files and last lines in the installed-chrome.txt file to the 01-18 build and tabbedextendions works fine. (No other copying or deleting required) Took me ages to work out you have to set your home page to blank before reloading tabs would work though!

The major problem so far with 01-18 for me is the bookmarks, but again you can set up your bookmarks toolbar in 12-28 and it appears in 01-18
Jeff_pony

Post by Jeff_pony »

Does this work for the themes aswell?

Also whists trying to install this new pheonix build I completely removed the folder it was stored in and started again, yet my preferences and searched items, etc still remain. What steps do you have to take to completely remove pheonix ?
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Any themes that you install via jar are copied to your profile/chrome directory, not the program/chrome directory.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
Jedi Knight

Post by Jedi Knight »

It looks like this will be fixed in upcoming build. I'll update the thread once it is available.
peterthevicar

Post by peterthevicar »

That will be VERY welcome! While we wait, I haven't been able to work out how to get the useragent spoofer to work. In 28/12 it appears as an extra tool in the toolbar palette. I've copied everything I can think of, but still no show - anyone know how this sort can be done manually?
Jedi Knight

Post by Jedi Knight »

brab

Post by brab »

Jedi Knight wrote:XPI bug is fixed in this build.
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/phoenix/nigh ... -win32.zip

Well, I tried this, I tried the latest nightly on phoenix project, and I tried phoenix 0.5, and for all of them (clean install each time), it is impossible to install a theme. (something is downloaded, but nothing appears in the theme chooser preference panel). I even tried rebooting the machine in case some info was cached.
Kemayo

Post by Kemayo »

Have you been creating a new profile each time as well? That's all I can think of, since I'm using the 20030129 nightly and it works fine in that regard.
blob2k3

Can't install extensions

Post by blob2k3 »

Hi -- I just got the build Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20030130 Phoenix/0.5

However, I cannot install an extension! Whenever I try, whichever one I try, when I restart Phoenix to activate the extension, the program stalls before displaying the main window. Creating a new profile doesn't help either.

Any ideas, anyone?
brab

Post by brab »

Kemayo wrote:Have you been creating a new profile each time as well? That's all I can think of, since I'm using the 20030129 nightly and it works fine in that regard.

Well, I always completely delete my profile (this is what I am used to do under linux, so I may be missing something ... I have trouble understanding configuration management under windows). Is there a difference between deleting all the profiles (ie the phoenix directory in application data) and creating a new profile ?
djnr

Post by djnr »

It sounds like 1/29 is fine, maybe I'll stick with that for a while
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

djnrempel wrote:It sounds like 1/29 is fine, maybe I'll stick with that for a while

Looks like it. I can install extensions on the 2003-01-29 build (for Linux) without any problems.
Kubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-25-generic) / KDE 3.5.10
CentOS 4.8 (kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) / KDE 3.5.10
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) / iPhone 3GS (32GB black)
Jedi Knight

Post by Jedi Knight »

djnrempel wrote:It sounds like 1/29 is fine, maybe I'll stick with that for a while
Well, does anyone else have problem with "choose folder" button (in profile manager mode). It's not working in build Jan 28.