aebrahim: W32 2003-11-18 optimised for P3/P4/Athlon/AthlonXP

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Mikhail Capone

Post by Mikhail Capone »

I've been using the PIII build since yesterday and everything seems to work great.

Before that I used the Aebrahim PIII build from 08 nov and this one seems a bit faster on shutdown and startup.
Archangel

Odd scripting error

Post by Archangel »

JoeG, monkeyman, and HiFlight thanks for confirming my viewing error. I was about to commence pulling out my hair, or in JoeG's case maybe even get a few cats and see if they fixed the problem. It was late and after building a profile twice in one night I decided to leave it alone 'till morning. And this morning I find that I can keep what little hair I have, and best of all "I don't have to buy any cats!!!" Thanks guys.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Dastardly anit-cat campaign

Post by joeg »

Archangel wrote:... and best of all "I don't have to buy any cats!!!"

If this anti-cat hysteria continues, I may find myself forced to use IE again!

:furious: :wink:

Joe
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
skyclad

Post by skyclad »

i just d/l this build for a celeron 1.2 Ghz (pentium 3 build) and i am constantly geting crashes.

anyone who uses this build go to www.goalslive.com/en and play around a bit....i keep getting crashes every time.with my previous 20031029 build (non aebrahim) it works just fine..

i tried keeping same profile, i changed profile, i deleted my old mozilla folder but nothing...

is anyone else having problems with this site and build?
health is merely the slowest possible rate at which we die
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

skyclad wrote:anyone who uses this build go to www.goalslive.com/en and play around a bit....i keep getting crashes every time.with my previous 20031029 build (non aebrahim) it works just fine..

i tried keeping same profile, i changed profile, i deleted my old mozilla folder but nothing...

is anyone else having problems with this site and build?

I can confirm this, same thing here with a P4 1.8ghz 512mb RAM on Win98se, FB crashes. But it didn't crash until a pop up window tried to come up. I am also experiencing the same crash with this site on aebrahim's newest build 11-19 sse2.
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

I played around on it for a while without problem, but a view of the source code for the main page and frames revealed hideous errors starting with having the frameset inside the HEAD tag which is a big no-no.
skyclad

Post by skyclad »

yeah i know...i sent a leter to them a while back asking them to comply wioth w3c standards....they replied they would look into it but i guess they havent.

since my last post, i have reverted back to 20031029 and havent had a single crash,

damn site!
health is merely the slowest possible rate at which we die
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

LOL! With an empty BODY tag on their index page, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Pan Lexx

incorrect in non-english search

Post by Pan Lexx »

aebrahim
please, look http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=35201

last normal - 20031109