aebrahim: Postponing Optimised Builds Indefinitely

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
idioteque

Post by idioteque »

Thank you very much for all your hard work! I'll miss your builds, but your work is greatly appreciated. Good luck with your future endeavors!
faxmaster

Post by faxmaster »

I've used your builds many times and they were always excellent quality. Thanks for all the time and hard work you've put in here.
Just the fax, ma'am.
gahbmwM5

Post by gahbmwM5 »

Hey AE,

Your hard work and dedication to the Firebird project has always been deeply appreciated...

We all hope to see some of your excellent optimized builds (when time permits) again in the 'not too distant future'...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
milliman

Thanks for the Great Builds

Post by milliman »

Aebrahim:

I too have to give you my thanks for the great builds. You have always squeezed those extra HP or Joules for the metric set out of FB. The extra umph caused me to switch completely from IE. I will miss the nightlies but then again I am down to upgrading every 3 nights now. Hopefully I will see an SSE2 optimized version now and again.

Thanks,
Mark
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

It's quite likely that over weekends I will push out one entire set of builds. Weekdays generally keep me too busy, but on weekends, I can more or less spare the time.
scragz

Post by scragz »

I finally got VS .NET 2003, so I will publishing optimized builds starting around the beginning of December. Hopefully between myself and MadmanNova, we can fulfill everyone’s needs.
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

scragz wrote:I finally got VS .NET 2003, so I will publishing optimized builds starting around the beginning of December. Hopefully between myself and MadmanNova, we can fulfill everyone’s needs.

That's a mother of a download via the Windows update! I'm on dial up , and haven't been able to bite the bullet and get it. I thought about getting it just to make my own optimized versions for this AthlonXP box. May yet, when I have a day (or so )I can waste babysitting a 23MB download from MS.
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
pryan

Thank You

Post by pryan »

I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work! I've been impressed you managed to crank out the builds so often. Don't feel bad you have to cut back, you've been doing the work of a whole build team. :)
Mozilla <a href="http://pryan.org/mozilla/firefox/">Firefox Builds</a>, <a href="http://pryan.org/mozilla/thunderbird/">Thunderbird Builds</a> and <a href="http://pryan.org/mozilla/">More</a>
cbosdell

Post by cbosdell »

thanks for the great builds! They really made my browsing expierence much better and stable thanks to your wonderful Althon XP SSE builds :)
storm119

Post by storm119 »

Mr.Aeb..
your optimized build work great and superb for me and to other FB lovers.We all will miss your builds.Hope to see your builds in future time hopely when FB 0.8 release.Thnx to you Aeb!.

For those like madmanNova,Scragz and others builders i only can hope you guys will comeout with something (optimized builds) to fulfill to those who love FB optimized build like what Mr.Aeb did.

Thnx for your great builds guys!!
johnleemk

Post by johnleemk »

Thanks, ali. I'll miss your builds, since they were always the most reliable ones to use when the build machine for Win32 was down.

And, guys, sorry to rain on your party(and I don't mean any disrespect to aebrahim), but according to tests conducted on optimised builds, there is little or no performance gain from using optimised builds, and in some cases they're actually slower than official builds. This doesn't mean we can't appreciate aebrahim's builds, though, since after all, they've been wonderful replacements when official builds are unavailable.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b) Gecko/20050205 Firefox/1.0+
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

DHTML and Javascript tests aren't really representative of general browsing performance. It's too bad that no one has ever set up something like Tp/Txul/Ts tests like there is on tinderbox.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

aebrahim wrote:It's quite likely that over weekends I will push out one entire set of builds. Weekdays generally keep me too busy, but on weekends, I can more or less spare the time.

I'm sorely tempted, on behalf of all those who use and appreciate your builds, to tell you that it is only reasonable that you realize that you have the time on the weekends to satisfy that large group of users.

I won't write that, as it would not be quite nice to do so, but I am tempted....
Mikhail Capone

Post by Mikhail Capone »

Thank you for all the work, people like you make this community a good place to be.

btw, I'm posting this from one of your builds :)
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Thanks from me too - aebrahim :)