W32 2003-11-26 optimized for AthlonXP/P4/SSE/G7 - .NET2003

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

Well I did some testing, and the official 11/26 build does not have the profile installation problem. I'm thinking the build ID must have somehow got set wrong in this build.
Goldzilla

Post by Goldzilla »

I installed this on my P3 1Ghz Windows XP laptop and it is very fast. I have TBE (the special patched version over here, not the one from Piro) installed and it's working fine. I noticed that my Bookmark toolbar doesn't show my items though I can live with that. I'm going to try the new Context Menu Extensions next.

My P3 laptop RamDisk was setup from an August build so I haven't been using this machine for much other use as a television monitor.

This loads in 3 seconds with Tab Browser Extensions and Context Menu Extensions loaded on a warm boot (from disk). Startup time from the RamDisk is slightly longer from an August build.

Edit:

It's up and running on my laptop. I think that I'm going to just go with EZ-Sidebar instead of Content Holder until CH gets fixed. The method to store panels is better than Content Holder though it's not that huge a deal. I'm able to use the Personal Toolbar on the P4 version so perhaps I had an installation problem on the P3 1 Ghz laptop. Very quick build and no real problems other than not being able to get Content Holder. Loads very quickly off disk too. I'm going to put it on the RamDisk to check out the performance.

Edit:

This build is definitely faster on startup. It takes about 66% of the time from my previous build (11/19) running from the RamDisk (for both versions) This looks like a good version though I'll keep 11/19 around just in case). The favicon storing problem with TBE has been fixed in this build too so I don't think that I need to keep my 11/8 build around anymore.
Dell Inspiron 8500 P4 M 2.0 Ghz 1 GB 40 GB XP Pro NVidia 64 MB WUXGA CME, CH, TBE , EZS Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040325 Firefox/0.8.0+ (mmoy-O2-GL7-SSE2-crc32-Zp16-quek013)