win 27th build, anyone?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
sfty

win 27th build, anyone?

Post by sfty »

just wondering if there'll be any win build for today. neither i see an official build yet nor there are any unofficials. so, what's wrong today?
Lanik

Post by Lanik »

Its Thanksgiving here in the United States most people spend it with their family. :)
sfty

Post by sfty »

ah, i see.. :)
PhoenixNostalgia

Post by PhoenixNostalgia »

If I were you, I'd wait for the weekend for Aebrahim's optimized builds.

As of today, Firebird has a new feature...drumroll...A new download manager! Look for the new nightlies to have a nice download manager in the options screen and a new sidebar. It's kinda buggy right now, but it will be a nice new feature by the time 0.8 rolls in around post-Christmas.
bengoodger

Post by bengoodger »

neoufo51 wrote:A new download manager! Look for the new nightlies to have a nice download manager in the options screen and a new sidebar.

There's no "new" sidebar. The old sidebar is gone. The old progress dialogs are gone. The new download manager window is upon us.

neoufo51 wrote:A new download manager! [...] It's kinda buggy right now

Care to elaborate? I can only fix bugs I know about :-P
johnleemk

Post by johnleemk »

bengoodger wrote:Care to elaborate? I can only fix bugs I know about :-P

I haven't tried this build, but I've heard downloading images is broken.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b) Gecko/20050205 Firefox/1.0+
PhoenixNostalgia

Post by PhoenixNostalgia »

bengoodger wrote:
neoufo51 wrote:A new download manager! Look for the new nightlies to have a nice download manager in the options screen and a new sidebar.

There's no "new" sidebar. The old sidebar is gone. The old progress dialogs are gone. The new download manager window is upon us.

neoufo51 wrote:A new download manager! [...] It's kinda buggy right now

Care to elaborate? I can only fix bugs I know about :-P

Oh doh, I could have sworn somebody stated that the new download manager could be made a sidebar. I should have been more careful with my wording, sorry.

As for the bugs, I was referring to the download locks that have been occuring to some people in your "Firebird has a new download manager" thread in the general section.

I havent gotten the new build as of yet, but plan to grab one on sunday when im not so busy and Aebrahim has some nice optimized builds to play with and some of the obvious download manager bugs have been stomped out. Thanks for your hard work, Ben.