1/2 & 1/3 zips corrupted?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

Flii wrote:it's all a matter of how often you like changing and how much of a hastle changing is for you. :)

I concur. I update less often lately because I have quite a few changes to make in xul files in the chrome directory every time I get a nightly. One of them is to change "Bookmark" to "Favourites," Flii. :)
Kubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-25-generic) / KDE 3.5.10
CentOS 4.8 (kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) / KDE 3.5.10
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) / iPhone 3GS (32GB black)
audioaficionado

Post by audioaficionado »

Here's the problem as I see it.

There are several files within the zip archive that have the same names. This is permissible for the archive as the files have differant sizes. However when I attempt to extract them into a folder, w2kPro won't allow two files of the same name to reside in the same folder. I get the option of successivly overwriting the files until the last one is left, not copying the successive files or renaming the succsessive same name files. All the files have to be in the folder and named as Phoenix wants them or it ain't gonna work. Maybe this will work in Linux but not in windoze.

Open up the zips and see for yourselves.

Edit: Oops! Winzip keeps defaulting to the use no folders option so those same name files couldn't get sent to their seperate created directories. It's about to get the boot as I like winrar better. Does everything winzip can and a lot more.

Anywho... 1228 is working great.
8) Windows: XPproSP2
8) Gentoo & Overclockix Live CD
8) Latest Firefox of course

Cya later,
Steve
flii

Post by flii »

audioaficionado wrote:Winzip keeps defaulting to the use no folders option so those same name files couldn't get sent to their seperate created directories.

really? mine defaults to folders, and i don't think i've ever messed with it.
ugggf

Post by ugggf »

Since 1224 works just fine I'll stay with it (unless I have this desire of trying the latest nightly - that comes to me every now and then... :wink:)
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

ugggf wrote:Since 1224 works just fine I'll stay with it (unless I have this desire of trying the latest nightly - that comes to me every now and then... :wink:)

I know the feeling. ;) Knowing the theme/extension thing isn't fixed yet, I still download and use the latest nightly on XP every few days...
Kubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-25-generic) / KDE 3.5.10
CentOS 4.8 (kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) / KDE 3.5.10
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) / iPhone 3GS (32GB black)