Problem Adding Bookmarks

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
kendp

Problem Adding Bookmarks

Post by kendp »

Until very recently, I have had no trouble adding bookmarks to the proper folder with any of the builds that I was using--mostly those by aebrahim. However, suddenly I have a problem. With the aebrahim builds, when I click on bookmark this page, I get only the top part of the bookmark box and have no option by click on the X in the right hand corner to delete it.

With aebrahim gone for a couple of weeks, I decided to try a scragz build (12/12) and, as I do with each new build in order to test it, made it the default build. First time I tried to bookmark a page I discovered that in stead of the list of bookmark folders that I was accustomed to getting I only got a list of about 4. Since none of the 4 were correct, I put the bookmark in the miscellaneous folder than moved it later to the correct place.

I cannot say for sure that my problem started with the scragz build, but when I went back to one of the 2 aebrahim builds I still have on the computer, I discovered that now all I could get was the top line on the box with the x. Up until my download the scragz build and making it my default, I had no problem bookmarking a page to the proper folder

Any idea as to what could have caused this problem? What is recommended. Delete everything and do a fresh install of one of the builds?
JEdwardP

Re: Problem Adding Bookmarks

Post by JEdwardP »

kendp wrote:discovered that in stead of the list of bookmark folders that I was accustomed to getting I only got a list of about 4....

To get your entire tree of folders, you now must click the arrow button that's next to the "name:" field.
kendp

Post by kendp »

Thanks. Found the button. It is blank--no arrow--but it is the one I need.

Such a simple solution. If this was explained in another thread, I missed it.