22-dec 0.8 branch build is out (win32 installer)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
ByTor201

Post by ByTor201 »

wgianopoulos@yahoo.com wrote:When the page with the "Safe Upgrade" checkbox is presented, just uncheck the box, then it does not delete anything.

I guess that is why I didn't experience the file deletion problem; I never used the "Safe Upgrade." I just live on the edge. LOL

So far, this build seems just as stable as the 20031218 build, minus the multiple prefs-?.bak.

One thing that confuses me though. Why are some builds rev 1.7a and this rev 1.6b?
Gort

Post by Gort »

RickFriedman wrote:Has anyone noticed that the installer build for today is exactly the same size (6,479,872 bytes) as the one from 12/19?

It could be coincidence but I think it unlikely. Are we sure this is a completely new build???

Rick

If you do an MD5 check, you'll soon find out if they're the same or not. But, I suspect it's a coincidence... it does happen. ;)
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

ByTor201 wrote:One thing that confuses me though. Why are some builds rev 1.7a and this rev 1.6b?

Because this is built off the 0.8 branch which is based on the stable, soon to be released 1.6 backend GECKO code.

The current trunk nightlies are built off the trunk which is open for risky check-ins because it is really early in the release stage for 1.7. Full of new fetures, new bugs, etc. not ready for release back-end code.
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

wgianopoulos@yahoo.com wrote:
Geronimo wrote:I might use a zipped file but Ia m nott iuching the installer

When the page with the "Safe Upgrade" checkbox is presented, just uncheck the box, then it does not delete anything.

I finally tried it. I used the custom installation and installed to a directory with useless files. I never saw a checkbox for safe upgrade. or any other mention of it. I am leeery of any installer that does not behave as advertised.
arunsub

Cookie preferences disappeared

Post by arunsub »

After I installed y'day's build with the win32 installer, I lost all my cookie preferences (Tools - options - privacy - cookies - exception).
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

I have gottens trange results before but suddenly the 19 December installer link is back.
ByTor201

Post by ByTor201 »

wgianopoulos@yahoo.com wrote:The current trunk nightlies are built off the trunk which is open for risky check-ins because it is really early in the release stage for 1.7. Full of new fetures, new bugs, etc. not ready for release back-end code.

I guess the reason I was confused was that I thought I was downloading off the branch each time. Apparently not. *shrug*