Download Manager

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
sasquatch

Download Manager

Post by sasquatch »

Does anybody else not understand the download manager notification?

It pops up on the lower right hand corner, but there is nothing you can do with it.

I wish it would let you choose "Show File" and the other options there. I also wish it let you choose a longer time to see the notification. Sometimes, I am in the middle of typing, and then miss the message. Same with new email message for that matter. I wish it would let you click to open first new unread message.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

If you have your privacy settings set a certain way, the notification provides a clickable link
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

The only settings I see are to remove downloads manually, upon successfult download, or when firebird exits.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040105 Firebird/0.7+ (MozJF)
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Right. Don't set it to the last one and then the notifier becomes a link to the download manager.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

alanjstr wrote:Right. Don't set it to the last one and then the notifier becomes a link to the download manager.

I did have it on "manually", but that is because I liked the manual remove feature. How come the link to open the manager won't work if you want to manually remove the files?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I turned it to "When Mozilla Firebird exits", and just downloaded something else, but it still wouldn't let me click on the notifier to "show" the file. I had to go to Tools:Downloads in order to show the file.

Any other ideas?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Moderator(s):

Please feel free to move this to another forum if more appropriate. Thanks.