stipe: Win32 2004-02-04 Trunk

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
moole

Post by moole »

New build is up! (2004-01-20)
BigFire

Post by BigFire »

The new build got rid of bug <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=229241">Bug 229241</a>. The using the middle mouse button on the bookmarks, and the bookmark window does not drop away problem. This behavior surface after 12-16 build (which is one reason I was stucked on that build for all this time, it's a show stopper for me).
Gyges

Post by Gyges »

Stipe,
Thanks for the new build, but it has a bug that makes it somewhat unusable. I could not get it to load up unless I was loading a web page that's on my computer. In other words, clicking on the exe file or a shortcut would start it loading and then it would unload itself. I know, I could just load up a local web and then go from there, but it's not supposed to work that way.
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

You might want to note that your build also works on P3, Athlon64 and many Celerons as well. Although they're not specifically optimised for these chips, its better than having no build at all for them.
ehume

Post by ehume »

Does this build have an installer, or is it just a self-extracting file? I don't want an installer version yet.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
Gyges

Post by Gyges »

ehume wrote:Does this build have an installer, or is it just a self-extracting file? I don't want an installer version yet.

No installer, just a 7zip executable that unpacks into the directory of your choice.
I like them this way, as I have a 56K connection (really 38.6 to 40) and it's faster than the "temporarily" non-existant official nightlies.
moole

Post by moole »

Gyges wrote:Stipe,
Thanks for the new build, but it has a bug that makes it somewhat unusable. I could not get it to load up unless I was loading a web page that's on my computer. In other words, clicking on the exe file or a shortcut would start it loading and then it would unload itself. I know, I could just load up a local web and then go from there, but it's not supposed to work that way.

Can anyone else reproduce this?
moole

Post by moole »

New build! (2004-01-24).

I am using /O2 optimization switch instead of /Oxs, and it seems to be approximately 15% faster in scragz' test.
ghola

Post by ghola »

stipe wrote:New build! (2004-01-24).

I am using /O2 optimization switch instead of /Oxs, and it seems to be approximately 15% faster in scragz' test.

Indeed it is, I get the same outcome... on scragz' test page. :) We need a representative test to lift this testing business above the level of pseudo science though. The result of tests run on scragz' page are too specific and could in fact be very misleading.

Thanks for the build though. It's... very promising. :)
moole

Post by moole »

ghola wrote:Indeed it is, I get the same outcome... on scragz' test page. :) We need a representative test to lift this testing business above the level of pseudo science though. The result of tests run on scragz' page are too specific and could in fact be very misleading.

You are right. We should make a larger test that will measure the performance of "everything" in firebird: rendering, javascript, startup, ...
sfty

Post by sfty »

fast build indeed, but i can't get tbe working with this on (error on startup), so i had to go back. :/ with scragz' 'MozillaFirebird-20040124-0347-Oxs-G7-SSE2.7z.exe' no problems at all..
moole

Post by moole »

sfty wrote:fast build indeed, but i can't get tbe working with this on (error on startup), so i had to go back. :/ with scragz' 'MozillaFirebird-20040124-0347-Oxs-G7-SSE2.7z.exe' no problems at all..

That's strange.:-k
I wonder if it has got anything to do with the /O2 switch?
Did anyone else try TBE with this build?
Does it work with my earlier /Oxs builds?
Jonx

Post by Jonx »

Iam not using TBE but it doesnt work for me either getting error on startup
Mac OS X 10.4.2
Kasteo

Post by Kasteo »

I don't have any problem install this build on my system, no TBE or any other extensions. It works perfectly fine. But after test the page for render speed, it seem SSE2 flag on scragz build is running faster on my system(Celeron 2.4GHz), so I switch to scragz SSE2 optimized build.
Noia 2.0 theme for Firefox & Thunderbird
- Compaq Presario 2190US, 2.4GHz, 1024MB DDR RAM, 40GB 5400rpm HDD.
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Gecko/20040925 Firefox/0.10 (MOOX M3)
moole

Post by moole »

Unólas wrote:Iam not using TBE but it doesnt work for me either getting error on startup

What error?