aebrahim: W32 2004-01-30 optimised for P4-SSE2/AthlonXP-SSE

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

Why the 0.4MB increase in size for the zip version?
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

couldabeen wrote:Why the 0.4MB increase in size for the zip version?

Trying out some new optimisation flags.
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

aebrahim wrote:
couldabeen wrote:Why the 0.4MB increase in size for the zip version?

Trying out some new optimisation flags.

They seem to work, I haven't seen it as fast as this one is.
Also the 'search engine' thing is fixed. I copied my list of engines into searchplugins, and they are all there now.
Bh420

Post by Bh420 »

@ aebrahim I just knew you couldnt help but make a build now and then :) good for us running newest build no bugs yet :) :)

tnx,

Scott
storm119

Post by storm119 »

20040130 02/G7/GL arch : SSE2

This build WFM....TBE 1.10.20040130.02 + another 6 extensions + 2 themes work fine with clean profile.

Thanx Mr.Aeb.. :D
zab

Post by zab »

Been using this build since yesterday and I can concur with users on here that it's impressive, not found any major problems.

Thanks.
Pete
------
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

zab wrote:Been using this build since yesterday and I can concur with users on here that it's impressive, not found any major problems.

Thanks.

I second that! :D Excellent build aebrahim.
Pentium 4 1.8Ghz @ 400Mhz, 1Gb RAM - WinXPsp2
jmet

Post by jmet »

Although I didnt do any official tests I have been using the Athlon XP build and it is VERY noticeably faster.

I mean really fast, great job!
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

I'm using your 20040130 since about 12h now, and didn't experience any problems, no picture corruption here. Very snappy. It's locally rendering scragz' table test around 10% faster than my last build from three weeks ago, which doesn't say much in itself, but looks like a nice improvement for me.
Goldzilla

My rendering/GDI problem

Post by Goldzilla »

I created a new profile from the 2004-01-01 build, installed my extensions, bookmark file and so on and then ran 2004-01-30 with that profile. Everything is running fine now. Earlier this morning, I did have problems with 2004-01-30 with a profile created under that versions (actually several profiles created under that version) related to an old Javascript hang that went away a while ago.

At any rate, it seems that this concoction works for now. The only thing I haven't taken care of is restoring my sidebars and installing the microfirebird theme.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to performance as I have been more concerned that the thing work.
Dell Inspiron 8500 P4 M 2.0 Ghz 1 GB 40 GB XP Pro NVidia 64 MB WUXGA CME, CH, TBE , EZS Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040325 Firefox/0.8.0+ (mmoy-O2-GL7-SSE2-crc32-Zp16-quek013)
Masticator

They don't make them like they used to...

Post by Masticator »

Boy am I sorry I ever ditched the 20031118 aebrahim... This things so buggy it could give a flea fleas - and on a fresh install too. I was hoping FB had progressed beyond this tomfoolery. I kinda knew though I had it too good. Too many issues to go into but major like, do not go there, incompatibility with Monster News - that took a good hour of surgery to get her running again. Also, good luck if you want to run any other theme besides the somewhat tollerable basic FB theme. No problems rendering that I noticed... RSS Reader Panel is yet to work fully too. Many problems with pull down menus and dissapearing forward & back buttons with alternate themes is par for the course. Running new TBE, P4, XP, various other extensions [running without consequence].

I miss the good old days. Can't wait till my luck changes & [build master] aebrahim delivers another epic.
couldabeen

Re: They don't make them like they used to...

Post by couldabeen »

Masticator wrote:Boy am I sorry I ever ditched the 20031118 aebrahim...

http://pryan.org/firebird/aebrahim/
The November builds are still there.
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

Masticator wrote:Boy am I sorry I ever ditched the 20031118 aebrahim... This things so buggy it could give a flea fleas - and on a fresh install too. I was hoping FB had progressed beyond this tomfoolery. I kinda knew though I had it too good. Too many issues to go into but major like, do not go there, incompatibility with Monster News - that took a good hour of surgery to get her running again. Also, good luck if you want to run any other theme besides the somewhat tollerable basic FB theme. No problems rendering that I noticed... RSS Reader Panel is yet to work fully too. Many problems with pull down menus and dissapearing forward & back buttons with alternate themes is par for the course. Running new TBE, P4, XP, various other extensions [running without consequence].

I miss the good old days. Can't wait till my luck changes & [build master] aebrahim delivers another epic.

Try the 2004-01-31 build, you might be seeing some weirdness because of the -O2 optimisation flag.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

Masticator wrote:RSS Reader Panel is yet to work fully too. Many problems with pull down menus and dissapearing forward & back buttons with alternate themes is par for the course.

No problems with the RSS Reader Panel here. You're aware of the 1.7beta2?

Themes will stabilize once 0.8 is released.
Masticator

Post by Masticator »

Thanks laszlo I just found the 1.7b2 just a little while ago - works as it should now... Onto 20040131 as well which *seems* more stable when under the gun. I'm still encountering issues with themes, the best I've found are the Lunas, Orbits, and basic. The Lynchknot themes, the Crystal theme, and others just aren't up to the task yet. I haven't gotten the Checky extension working on either build yet but this is my introduction to it so this is most likely due to the user... The 20040131 just seems to have a little more slip or give in the punishment it will accept before freezing in protest.