1/26 windows build?!

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
djst

Post by djst »

joliv25 wrote:does type ahead find work?

so, on the whole is this better than .5 milestone?

Type Ahead Find doesn't work in the latest build. At least not with my current "unclean" profile.
On the whole, I'd say this is equal to the 0.5 milestone. Maybe there's a bunch of Gecko bugs fixed now, but I don't really remember if the png transparency bug was in 0.5. If it was, the current nightly contains a fix for that, which is a big improvement.

Edit: Oh, Bug 98546 is appearantly fixed too! :)
seb

Post by seb »

It also contains the fixes for the right/middle click buttons being catched as left-clicks (which was very annoying on pages using javascript), as well as the fix for the bug that prevented the user to easily dismiss the menus (the ones from the menubar).
wget

Post by wget »

Netsabes wrote:It also contains the fixes for the right/middle click buttons being catched as left-clicks (which was very annoying on pages using javascript)

It does? Yippee! That particular bug has been annoying me for a while.
To the cast and crew of Arrested Development: Thanks for the many great laughs.
seb

Post by seb »

wget wrote:
Netsabes wrote:It also contains the fixes for the right/middle click buttons being catched as left-clicks (which was very annoying on pages using javascript)

It does? Yippee! That particular bug has been annoying me for a while.

Was bug 180078.
denro

Still can't install extensions

Post by denro »

After seeing the great news about the latest nightly I went to the following site:

http://komodo.mozilla.org/pub/phoenix/n ... est-trunk/

downloaded and installed the win32 nightly for Phoenix. I then went to Tools/ Extensions and clicked on install the TabbedBrowserExtensions. It downloaded, gave me a dialog box about what program to use to open the xpi file (never had that before, with the older builds that would install the extensions, they simply installed at this point). I chose Phoenix and tried to open the xpi file in phoenix. Then closed phoenix and reopened it. Went to Tools/Extensions and nothing was listed and the tabbedbrowser extension was not working.

What did I do wrong? Is this nightly still not fixed for extensions or has the install method changed?

Thanks everyone.
-- Denro
Kemayo

Post by Kemayo »

Only problems I've noticed so far are that Type Ahead Find doesn't work with ' (links) or / (text), and that the leech extension has a very weird bit of behaviour, whereby its context-menu entry only appears in the first Phoenix window to be opened.

Still, all in all it's quite a good build. ^_^
denro

Post by denro »

Glad to hear that it is working for you, Kemayo. But from my post just above yours, any idea why I could not install the TBE?
-- Denro
Kemayo

Post by Kemayo »

Well, I just tried to install it via the normal method (go to: http://texturizer.net/phoenix/extensions.html and click the install link), and it seems to have worked...
joliv25

Post by joliv25 »

anyone know if this build fixes the problem of the cache being deleted when phoenix crashes?
flii

Post by flii »

joliv25 wrote:anyone know if this build fixes the problem of the cache being deleted when phoenix crashes?

it hasn't for me. :( winme.
JaZz0r

Post by JaZz0r »

TBE Ver. 1.6.2003012101 works for me.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20030125 Phoenix/0.5

Try using a clean profile.
uggi

Post by uggi »

David James wrote:0.3.4 doesn't work with Phoenix unless you grab it from my page:
http://members.rogers.com/dpjames/phoenix/xpi.html

Doesn't seem to work... the installer adds some lines into my prefs.js, but the gestures won't work. I tried to change the mousebutton setting, it still doesn't work. The Javascript console shows this kind of errors when I click on the page:

Code: Select all

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIStringBundle.GetStringFromName]"  nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)"  location: "JS frame :: XStringBundle.getString() :: getString :: line 2"  data: no]
Source File: XStringBundle.getString()
Line: 2

If I try to do a gesture, it dumps a whole bunch of these errors into the Javascript console.
seb

Post by seb »

joliv25 wrote:anyone know if this build fixes the problem of the cache being deleted when phoenix crashes?

It's not a bug, it's the normal behaviour.
prandal

Re: Still can't install extensions

Post by prandal »

denro wrote:After seeing the great news about the latest nightly I went to the following site:

http://komodo.mozilla.org/pub/phoenix/n ... est-trunk/

downloaded and installed the win32 nightly for Phoenix. I then went to Tools/ Extensions and clicked on install the TabbedBrowserExtensions. It downloaded, gave me a dialog box about what program to use to open the xpi file (never had that before, with the older builds that would install the extensions, they simply installed at this point).

Try getting it from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/phoenix/nightly/latest-trunk

Phil
VinceVW

Post by VinceVW »

WinXP-SP1 using buid 260103 without the problems mentioned above regarding extensions.

The only bug I may have discoverd (I'm not sure) is that when I change the browser-cache in preferences, I am unable to close the preferences window. I tried emptying the cache before and after, to no avail! It only works when I use the advanced preferences-extension (preferential), where I can change it.

If this is a bug, I'm not sure how to report it, I just thought to mention it.