No more Phoenix installer for now: searching a new host

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
bdeonline

Post by bdeonline »

I don't think it will be to big of a problem I am sure they deal with high bandwith every day. They use several mirrors to even out the bandwith. But its best to make sure.
cdn

Post by cdn »

Netsabes wrote:Just wait a minute, I've emailed the guys at mozdev.org to ask them if they're OK for hosting my files. I don't want to annoy them too if they're taking too much bandwidth. I'll tell you when they answer me.

should be fine downloads.mozdev.org is supposed to have infinite bandwidth : )
cdn

Post by cdn »

Netsabes wrote:
bdeonline wrote:I just emailed them now. I'll see what we need to set you up. Do you know html so you can update the install pages and such.
Yes, there was a page in XHTML1.1/CSS2 strict to explain what the Px Installer is and does. Oh, and some PHP too (I'll probably need to modify the scripts a bit, I guess).

mozdev runs on PHP, and you can suppress their branding completely, as on http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/phoenix/
seb

Post by seb »

cdn wrote:should be fine downloads.mozdev.org is supposed to have infinite bandwidth : )
Well, that's what the guys at my host told me too. And 10 GB is too much for them, geeez.
seb

Post by seb »

cdn wrote:
Netsabes wrote:
bdeonline wrote:I just emailed them now. I'll see what we need to set you up. Do you know html so you can update the install pages and such.
Yes, there was a page in XHTML1.1/CSS2 strict to explain what the Px Installer is and does. Oh, and some PHP too (I'll probably need to modify the scripts a bit, I guess).

mozdev runs on PHP, and you can suppress their branding completely, as on http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/phoenix/
Yup, I've read in their FAQs. The thing I'll probably have to modify in the scripts is the way the files are listed. Till now, both the scripts and the files to download were in the same folder, which will probably not be the case on mozdev, as I understand it.
bdeonline

Post by bdeonline »

Hay cdn,
Your compact menu is great, could you add a link in your iconpacks.mozdev.org for your extentions, so I could use them later.

This is a must have for the next black diamond edition and I will include your theme installer.

Very nice
seb

Post by seb »

\o/ I've received their answer, and everything's OK for the bandwidth :)
bdeonline

Post by bdeonline »

Here is what David said to do:

christopher,

> David I am going to need to have another person
> acess blackdiamond.mozdev.org what is needed to set
> it up.

if this person already has a cvs account on mozdev,
just let me know what their user name is. if not,
send me their name and email address and i'll set them
up with commit access for your project.

david

so just email david to set up an account and then start uploading.
Last edited by bdeonline on January 27th, 2003, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
seb

Post by seb »

I've emailed David. Thanks again! :)
cdn

Post by cdn »

Netsabes wrote:Yup, I've read in their FAQs. The thing I'll probably have to modify in the scripts is the way the files are listed. Till now, both the scripts and the files to download were in the same folder, which will probably not be the case on mozdev, as I understand it.

it makes sense to have the installer files mirrored, hence they go in blackdiamond/downloads/

whereas html goes in blackdiamond/www/netsabes/ par example : )
seb

Post by seb »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the opposite. It's just that it'll maybe bit a bit more tricky to list the files :)
cdn

Post by cdn »

bdeonline wrote:Hay cdn,
Your compact menu is great, could you add a link in your iconpacks.mozdev.org for your extentions, so I could use them later.

This is a must have for the next black diamond edition and I will include your theme installer.

Very nice

http://cdn.mozdev.org/compact/ will be where it is documented etc

current download : http://cdn.mozdev.org/compact/compact-20030126.xpi
seb

Post by seb »

OK, I've uploaded the webpages, and I'm uploading the today's packaged nightly. Everything's fine :)
bdeonline

Post by bdeonline »

Be sure to ether create a separate page for your installs or be sure to spell out that this install is the installer and this is the black diamond edition so not to confuse people. Other than that if it would be alright I was wandering how hard it would be to create an installer for bdedition.

Also go ahead and put some info on the frount page about this is the phoenix installers new location.
seb

Post by seb »

I've uploaded my pages in blackdiamond/www/installer/, and am uploading the packaged nightly in blackdiamond/downloads/.
The filename of the installer builds are Phoenix-YYYYMMDD-setup.exe (where YYYYMMDD is the date) or Phoenix-X.X-setup.exe if it's a milestone release (X.X is of course the version number).

I'll update the front page (and my home page too :) when I'm sure that everything works fine.

Making an installer for your blackdiamond edition would be quite easy, I suppose. I'll try to make one later tonight.