Lots of changes in 20030201 - new preferences panel

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Kemayo

Lots of changes in 20030201 - new preferences panel

Post by Kemayo »

http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/ ... ckins.html

Mostly a prefs redesign, but...

(Downloading now.)
Last edited by Kemayo on February 1st, 2003, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JediJawa

So pretty

Post by JediJawa »

Options page is great, but it only works in the Default theme ATM. Gets all wild under Qute 0.8.4 from Px Help. Also, removing anything from the Navigation bar (Home button) pretty much kills the majority of the buttons.

No Extentions options yet, pretty much kills TBE. Themes images are all stretched and contorted. Still... worth using, love it.

[Edit] Tab bar is screwy too. Aligned to the right!?
Kemayo

Post by Kemayo »

I'm not getting that problem with the tab bar. I am, however, seeing the problem with the buttons.

Options is good - but breaks any extensions that need to add their preferences there...
uggi

Post by uggi »

Uh, this build seems to be broken in so many different ways that I won't even go explaining them. Well, it hasn't crashed yet, but makes the browsing experience really interesting.. :shock:
Kemayo

Post by Kemayo »

If you break the toolbar then restart you're left with only the working widgets up there. However, the ones you re-add are still broken. So I was stuck with only Forward, Stop, the Location Bar and the Throbber...

I went back to the last build and readded the working buttons. I do want to keep testing this one, after all. :-D (I mourn the lack of a "masochistic" emoticon...)
David James

Post by David James »

Yeah, I'm going to have to clean up Pinball to resync it with the current changes.
Pinball-Firefox maintainer.
http://david.jamesnet.ca/
Debian Sid, KDE 3.3
uggi

Post by uggi »

Kemayo wrote:I went back to the last build and readded the working buttons. I do want to keep testing this one, after all. :-D

On which file is the toolbar configuration saved? I'd like to try getting the configuration from previous build.
Kemayo

Post by Kemayo »

It's saved somewhere in your Profile, I gather, as when I migrated back I still only had the 2-3 working buttons in the toolbar.

I checked, and it seems to be line 150 of localstore.rdf in your profile directory. Mine is currently:

Code: Select all

<RDF:Description about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#nav-bar"
currentset="back-button,forward-button,reload-button,stop-button,urlbar-container,search-container,throbber-box" />

EDIT: Uh... well, it's that tag. It seems to move around a lot. It just shifted to line 108 in mine. Still, a search for "nav-bar" should turn it up...
uggi

Post by uggi »

Kemayo wrote:EDIT: Uh... well, it's that line. It seems to move around a lot. It just shifted to line 108 in mine. Still, a search for "nav-bar" should turn it up...

Line 108? My localstore.rdf is only 56 lines long.
Anyway, I got it working, thanks. I had to fix the bookmarks toolbar too.