At wits end with Linux compile

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
kdbramm

At wits end with Linux compile

Post by kdbramm »

I have been trying to build firefox from source for a few days now. I've downloaded the firefox source code (30MB package that expands to 200+ MB), tried to compile, and get mozilla.

I've followed the build instructions located on this forum, and on the website - but still get mozilla. I've edited .mozconfig.mk in the top level directory, added all the --disable-mailnews, etc., and optimization flags. I've got the MOZ_PHOENIX=1 var set.

I run gmake -f client.mk after configuring the .mozconfig.mk file. Configure runs, make runs, and builds mozilla.

I've even tried the download from cvs option as detailed by daihard on an earlier post.

Any ideas???

Kevin
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

You need to create a new file called .mozconfig -- not edit the .mozconfig.mk file.
wildone81

Post by wildone81 »

I'm assuming you've done this, right?

Code: Select all

export MOZ_PHOENIX=1
mk_add_options MOZ_PHOENIX=1

Beyond that, you just put your config options in the .mozconfig file, not .mozconfig.mk, so that's probably where you run into issues. Hope this helps, and best of luck!
kdbramm

Post by kdbramm »

Yeah, that probably would help if I edited the correct file. I can't believe all day because of something like that. How does it get the firefox theme/icons now?

Thanks,

Kevin
mtigas

Post by mtigas »

The new Firefox icons and artwork (i.e., that globe/flame fox icon/logo) are not in trunk, are not in the distributed source files. They are designated official builds only, for keeping separate official and non-official builds. If you want spiffy artwork in your builds, you can bundle your own icons and stuff. This is the new route Mozilla is taking, after plenty troubles with trademark/copyright stuffs.
kdbramm

Post by kdbramm »

Thanks MadmanNova - good to know.