Nightly Troubleshooting Information

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
heye

Re: Nightly Troubleshooting Information

Post by heye »

In Mac OS X 10.5 if you try to download a file and select "Save As…" you get a OS X File Save dialog. If in that you press Command-D (OS X Shortcut to get to the Desktop), the Bookmark dialog shows up behind the Save-File dialog. Only solution to get out of there is to kill firefox. The Save-File dialog doesn't respond to esc, Command-., enter, return.
Can someone confirm?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I'm not seeing this on the nightly branch builds.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
KEVINBURNS12

Post by KEVINBURNS12 »

The batch method is not required anymore. FF2 and above support the -no-remote command line switch which replaced the environment variable.
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

If your tired of plugins crashing/not working or browser hangs in 1.9.3a1+ while testing recent nightlies, you can turn off OOPP (out of process plugins) in about:config by setting pref: dom.ipc.plugins.enabled = false

The OOPP project is still a work in progress and even backported for a 3.6.4 release. See bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=478976 for a list of currently known issues.

Crashing and hangs are currently par for course at the moment till it all gets resolved.
Last edited by cuz84d on June 10th, 2010, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
iceccold

Post by iceccold »

Can anyone on Firefox 3.7 alpha 2 developer preview confirm this bug:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=550187
?
"We cannot have homeland security unless we understand that the whole planet is our homeland "
neo86

Post by neo86 »

Is there a way to turn off Aero glass that recently landed in mozilla-central? It doesn't mix well with D2D.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

neo86 wrote:Is there a way to turn off Aero glass that recently landed in mozilla-central? It doesn't mix well with D2D.

No, and please don't post to this thread, its here for info on how to test/troubleshoot nightly builds, not list your problems. Stick with the nightly threads posted daily by Peter6
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

The latest Nightly has seemed to break the Dev release of TMP. With it enable nothing shows in the URL bar except Search History.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

Thanks I took care of that yesterday. :)
BenTrem

Post by BenTrem »

May 2010 ... what's wrong with this picture?
When you look to see how things work
Likely you'll find that they don't.
Jabber: hfxbenATnureality.ca
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Nothing as far as I know. Are you looking for something specific?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
wmarcello

Post by wmarcello »

Minefield newbie here. Hopefully my questions below can lead to answers that would be useful in this thread, but if not, I understand if the post gets moved.

First of all, I downloaded the nightly from nightly.mozilla.org. Is there any difference between downloading from there and downloading from one of the "latest trunk" ftp addresses?

Second, I have a 64-bit Windows 7 system. Is it recommended I download the 64-bit version of the nightly or the 32-bit version? It seems like the 64-bit version is built less often...

Third, if I do download the 64-bit version, I'm assuming I'm out of luck when it comes to a Flash plugin? I do realize Adobe recently released a 64-bit version of their player, but I'm going to go ahead and assume it would replace my current player installation?

Finally, where nightlies are obviously released very often, what is the recommended update method? Would I just download the installer again and install over top?

Thanks for any help.
mat--

Post by mat-- »

wmarcello wrote:First of all, I downloaded the nightly from nightly.mozilla.org. Is there any difference between downloading from there and downloading from one of the "latest trunk" ftp addresses?

No, they are the same builds, but the ftp addresses provide more stuff (i.e .zip builds and changesets from mozilla-central).

wmarcello wrote:Second, I have a 64-bit Windows 7 system. Is it recommended I download the 64-bit version of the nightly or the 32-bit version? It seems like the 64-bit version is built less often...
The 64 bit builds for Windows are not even official nightlies yet, so if you are just starting I would advise against using it. In the future they will be update as often as 32 bit builds and will be safer to use.

wmarcello wrote:Third, if I do download the 64-bit version, I'm assuming I'm out of luck when it comes to a Flash plugin? I do realize Adobe recently released a 64-bit version of their player, but I'm going to go ahead and assume it would replace my current player installation?
I don't have a 64 bit system so I can't answer that for you, but it probably installs itself alongside the 32 bit version so you can use Flash in more than one browser.

wmarcello wrote:Finally, where nightlies are obviously released very often, what is the recommended update method? Would I just download the installer again and install over top?

Thanks for any help.

Nightlies are updated once a day and you can receive updates for nightlies just as stable/beta channels do. Partial updates (i.e from one nightly to another) is about 2-3 MB and Full updates (i.e from an old nightly or an hourly build) are about 11 MB big. You can also use the installer at any time to jump to a specific build (i.e tryserver builds) or even return to an old nightly if necessary.
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

64 bit Flash player installs the 32 bit plugin, too, and to all browsers (except IE, it has a specific AX plugin)