Nightly Troubleshooting Information

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Tolien

Post by Tolien »

The ?force=1 indicates that you did the check manually, i.e. with Help -> Check for Updates. There's a bug for it, but I can't find it now.

As for manually installing MARs, see here.
Raila

Post by Raila »

Where do you put your daggon bookmarks in these versions?
They keep changing the file layout and I can NOT find where they go.
i5 2500 running Win 7
Vanilla Fx (for now)
Extensions-TabMixPlus, IETab2, FireGestures, Stylish, AdblockPlus 2, ColorfulTabs
hhh

Post by hhh »

^Maybe the recent pseudo-implementation of places?
Raila

Post by Raila »

Ha! I figured it out!! ::beams:: Have to go into the Organize Bookmarks, Then to File, then to Import!
::dances around::
i5 2500 running Win 7
Vanilla Fx (for now)
Extensions-TabMixPlus, IETab2, FireGestures, Stylish, AdblockPlus 2, ColorfulTabs
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Any news or workaround for the default browser issue?? It's very annoying...
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
asteko

Post by asteko »

When I accidently click on blank area (neither link nor image) of a page with middle mouse button (scroller), Firefox minimises and Firefox windows can't be restored before killing firefox.exe in task manager. When Firefox is restarted, Firefox asks if I want to restore the killed session.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; tr; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007120305 Minefield/3.0b2pre

Update: Fixed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=405899
Last edited by asteko on December 5th, 2007, 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tolien

Post by Tolien »

It's #405899, fixed in today's nightly (i.e. 2007120405).
Melv

A workaround for the default browser problem

Post by Melv »

The default browser problem is due to Minefield and Firefox sharing the same executable name - firefox.exe.

The registry keys that determine the default browser are named after the exe, thus Minefield and Firefox must always step over each other.

My solution (for XP Pro* users and up) is to change the registry key permissions, so that the Minefield installer (or any program for that matter) won't be able to overwrite current values.

Warning: As always, take caution when messing with the registry.

Fire up regedit.exe and navigate to HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet
Under that key, right click Firefox.exe and choose 'Permissions...', then click Advanced.
Select your user, click Edit and under Deny column, tick Set Value and Create Subkey.
Click OK and do the same for Creator Owner

Once you completed these steps you should see 2 Deny entries in the Permissions list.
To undo these changes, simply select these entries and click Remove.

* AFAIK, XP Home is degenerated when it comes to security, and doesn't have the ability to set file or registry permissions.
duntkno

Post by duntkno »

ive been experiencing very slow fresh startups, anyone else?
DP3_001

Post by DP3_001 »

duntkno wrote:ive been experiencing very slow fresh startups, anyone else?

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... highlight=

Started noticing it recently. Created a new profile, and only imported my bookmarks into it, nothing else. And Minefield took forever to startup. 3 -4 minutes. Heard that it might have something to do with an sqlite update.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008042006 Minefield/3.0pre - Build ID: 2008042006
Banned permanently for thinking the rules does not apply to you as you thought you could temporarily get around the month suspension. Your suspension is now up but instead both accounts are now Banned.
Horn

Re: Nightly Troubleshooting Information

Post by Horn »

I'm having a problem with the 3.1 builds collapsing my bookmarks. I like to keep everything on one toolbar to maximize my viewable area but it seems that 3.1 doesn't like this. Whenever I open up 3.1 the area where the bookmarks should be has been collapsed. (example) If I simply go into the customize toolbar dialog and hit okay it expands again. Is there anyway to fix this?
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

It seems you have a corrupted localstore.rdf file on your profile. You can delete it or choose to default configuration at SafeMode dialog.
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
Horn

Post by Horn »

ShareBird wrote:It seems you have a corrupted localstore.rdf file on your profile. You can delete it or choose to default configuration at SafeMode dialog.

Was this in reference to my post? I tried the above with a brand new profile.
Harlequin99

Post by Harlequin99 »

Horn wrote:I'm having a problem with the 3.1 builds collapsing my bookmarks. I like to keep everything on one toolbar to maximize my viewable area but it seems that 3.1 doesn't like this. Whenever I open up 3.1 the area where the bookmarks should be has been collapsed. (example) If I simply go into the customize toolbar dialog and hit okay it expands again. Is there anyway to fix this?

It sounds as if you are running into bug 447571. A possible workaround can be found here
Horn

Post by Horn »

Harlequin99 wrote:
Horn wrote:I'm having a problem with the 3.1 builds collapsing my bookmarks. I like to keep everything on one toolbar to maximize my viewable area but it seems that 3.1 doesn't like this. Whenever I open up 3.1 the area where the bookmarks should be has been collapsed. (example) If I simply go into the customize toolbar dialog and hit okay it expands again. Is there anyway to fix this?

It sounds as if you are running into bug 447571. A possible workaround can be found here

Thanks for the info. Good to see this is a bug but since I can't get the fixed space trick working for my setup looks like I'll be holding off on 3.1 for a while.