Nightly Troubleshooting Information

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
hleV

Re: Nightly Troubleshooting Information

Post by hleV »

Nightly x64 37.0a1

imgur problems:
  • drag and drop feature doesn't work
  • when trying to browse computer for images, the browse window is hidden until you minimize Nightly
Zlip792

Post by Zlip792 »

@hleV

Please disable e10s, which has been recently enabled by default to make your browsing back to normal, both are known issue in case of electrolysis.
BioStormX

Post by BioStormX »

Question, I just updated Nightly for the first time in a little while and now suddenly my scroll speed has massively changed, one little notch of the scroll wheel jumps down an entire page. The old about:config value mousewheel.min_line_scroll_amount doesn't seem to change this, any idea how I can not have it do that? It's very disorienting
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

A fix for that bug has been done hopefully will be in tonights build but it may be another day
See
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2916071&p=14040113#p14040113
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Shoud be fixed in tomorrows Nightly...
Last edited by JayhawksRock on March 26th, 2015, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
BioStormX

Post by BioStormX »

Oh, I see. Thanks for the response!
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Always check the Nightly builds thread first. 9 out of 10 times something crazy like that has already been noted and a bug filed. :D
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Caspid

Post by Caspid »

Does anyone else get an error when opening Adblock Plus filter preferences?

Code: Select all

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: chrome://adblockplus/content/ui/filters-filterview.js:114
"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

64-bit of 32-bit Firefox? I was seeing that error on 64-bit but not 32.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Caspid

Post by Caspid »

Yes, actually — only in the 64-bit version. Good catch.
"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin
Cobold

Post by Cobold »

Did the version string of addons in the Add-ons-Manager disappear in latest nightlies?
I just updated my nightly-64bit from last satureday's build (june 20th) to the latest (june 26th) an all my addons do not show their version anymore...

Is there a way to re-enable the version string via about:config or is this a bug?
“Sure, the Germans have made a few mistakes, but that’s why pencils have erasers!” - Homer J. Simpson
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

This change was made because after they added "signed" to the extensions, version and name info of the extensions was being truncated. So they decided to move the version information into the detail page for the addon. Click the "More" link to see the version number.

Bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1161183
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

If you are using 'Classic Theme Restorer' extension there is a setting there in the General UI section that will restore the version number info...
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Cobold

Post by Cobold »

@ JayhawksRock: I DO use CTR for long! Wow, totally missed that feature! Thanks, awsome. :D =D>
“Sure, the Germans have made a few mistakes, but that’s why pencils have erasers!” - Homer J. Simpson
lolka_bolka

Post by lolka_bolka »

I am using 42.0a2 (2015-08-16).

The problem is, the console always shows me errors. But only the counter incrasing, there are not any error messages.

It incrase the error count, when I am move my mouse between the tabs area and the address bar / search bar.