Feb 02 Build on Win32...

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Chewey

Feb 02 Build on Win32...

Post by Chewey »

Having the following problems:
1. Can't change the target forder of my profile (the select folder button doesn't do squat).
2. Customizations to the toolbars are nuts (drops some buttons, bookmark toolbar is blank, separators missing...)

But I did install the 1.0 version of Qute - nice job.

Andy
Mgz

Re: Feb 02 Build on Win32...

Post by Mgz »

Chewey wrote:Having the following problems:
1. Can't change the target forder of my profile (the select folder button doesn't do squat).
2. Customizations to the toolbars are nuts (drops some buttons, bookmark toolbar is blank, separators missing...)

Andy

submit bugs instead of complaining :roll:
Please forgive me for my poor English
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

IIRC correctly these 2 are already in bugzilla (as well as have forumthreads already).
Chewey

Post by Chewey »

Mgz wrote:

Andy

I would have until I saw Stefan's post. I like to make sure someone else has seen the problem also before creating a ticket. I don't want to create needless tickets.

Andy.
jaz

Post by jaz »

Chewey wrote:
Mgz wrote:

Andy

I would have until I saw Stefan's post. I like to make sure someone else has seen the problem also before creating a ticket. I don't want to create needless tickets.

Andy.

I don't know about point 1 but I do about 2. I tried customizing my toolbar and buttons didn't work, restored to default and after restarting some buttons didn't appear. I erased my profile and started phoenix again and I'm not messing with customization until they fix it. The only good thing is that Gestures are working
HW71

Post by HW71 »

Mgz wrote:submit bugs instead of complaining :roll:

Hey hey hey folks - stop for a moment and think about it again!

From my point of view this foum should be used - besides other needful things - to find out whether a bug is really a bug or just a problem with the own installation. This avoids invalid bugs in bugzilla and also helps newbies to understand Phoenix / Mozilla.

Sure everyone should search the forum BEFORE posting a thread in the form of "xyz doesn't work correctly in my Phoenix" etc. - but comments like

"submit a bug instead of complaining"

are not very helpful, too and besides that such comments are new to me in this forum - and they are surely the WRONG way to go on here in this forum in future! :roll:

Just my 2 cts...
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Anyway, for those that don't give up easily, here is how my localstore.rdf looks like (it's in your profile folder in applications data).

Simply replace your own file with thisone start up phoenix and see how it looks and turn phoenix off again and modify the file so you get your desired look.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RDF:RDF xmlns:NC="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#"
xmlns:RDF="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">

<RDF:Description about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#main-window"
width="640"
height="480"
screenX="283"
screenY="122"
sizemode="maximized" />
<RDF:Description about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#toolbar-menubar" currentset="back-button,forward-button,reload-button,stop-button,menubar-items,urlbar-container,search-container" />
<RDF:Description about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#nav-bar" currentset="home-button,throbber-box" collapsed="true" />
<RDF:Description about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#PersonalToolbar" currentset="personal-bookmarks" />

<RDF:Description about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul">
<NC:persist resource="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#main-window"/>
<NC:persist resource="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#sidebar-box"/>
<NC:persist resource="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#sidebar-title"/>
<NC:persist resource="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#toolbar-menubar"/>
<NC:persist resource="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#nav-bar"/>
<NC:persist resource="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#PersonalToolbar"/>
</RDF:Description>
</RDF:RDF>