How to do a clean install on win32, themes and extensions pb

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
brab

How to do a clean install on win32, themes and extensions pb

Post by brab »

Hi,

I'm using Phoenix and very happy under linux, but I unfortunately also have to work under windows. For some reason, I am not able to install any theme or extension: they do download but never appear in the preference panel. I have tried with phonix 0.5, and nightly builds 29/01 and 02/02.

Each time I do completely remove the phoenix dir containing the binary as well as the phoenix and mozilla application data dirs. My question is: is this enough to do a clean install under win32 (under linux, removing the bin dir and the .phoenix dir seems to be enough). Do I need to reboot the machine or mess with the registry thing ? If it is enough, are there other people out there who cannot install themes or extensions on a fresh install ?
seb

Re: How to do a clean install on win32, themes and extension

Post by seb »

brab wrote: My question is: is this enough to do a clean install under win32 (under linux, removing the bin dir and the .phoenix dir seems to be enough).
Yes. You don't need more.
Do I need to reboot the machine or mess with the registry thing ?
No.

I have no problems with extensions (didn't try with themes), but I think I read that some people had the same sort of problems.
brab

Post by brab »

Well, I wanted to delete my post since I discovered something else ... it seems that only _some_ themes do not install, like my favorite one (phusion). So I guess it's more of a problem with some themes than something else. Sorry for the noise.