Official 2004-02-19 build is out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
kesla

Post by kesla »

This was supposed to be 3% faster then earlier and as a suprise to me I actually noticed some difference when I started it! Wonderfull!
Great build!
tobypowell

Yay.. Go Firefox etc etc... But hope these notes help

Post by tobypowell »

Really enjoying using FB/FX, but I've noticed a few things... Seems like a good place to post them.

1) If I middle click on the wheel on blank space, FX crashes. Doesn't happen to other people in the office, or at home, so it might be something to do with me
2) Firebird icon on top left.
3) for ages now, the installer's radio buttons don't work. If I click on the "accept" radio button, the "decline" doesn't get unchecked.
4) random changes in the license text - seems to be being changed off and on so probably all under control.
5) if I have the download window in focus, (and maybe have closed all other firebird windows) and the last download finishes, the download window disappears... this is REALLY annoying.
6) Ctrl+F4 seems to be intermittant in functionality, whereas Ctrl+W works all the time.
7) Set wallpaper as desktop (I only tried it with one very tiny image) did nothing at all.
8) I _think_ I've noticed the 3% speedup.. Woo!

Windows 2000 with SP4, that kind of malarky if you're interested

When I get the confidence together, I will start thinking about trying to develop patches etc and be more involved with actually developing Fx.. (assuming the fixes I do are relevant / useful etc.) Can anyone recommend a good compiler I can use to compile for windows? Where's a good place to start? Makes me all nervous just thinking about it.
Last edited by tobypowell on February 20th, 2004, 7:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
prandal

Post by prandal »

Windows version crashes selecting "Tools/Options/General". How do we get talkback enabled in these builds?
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

prandal wrote:Windows version crashes selecting "Tools/Options/General". How do we get talkback enabled in these builds?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040219 Firefox/0.8.0+ (installer version) does not crash when using Tools, Otions, General for me--I've been on that screen several times without any problem(s).
tobypowell

Post by tobypowell »

prandal wrote:Windows version crashes selecting "Tools/Options/General". How do we get talkback enabled in these builds?

WFM Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040219 Firefox/0.8 on windows 2000 SP4 etc.
cdaledave

Crashes on Livejournal comment post page

Post by cdaledave »

Both this and the build from the 18th have been crashing on me whenever I load the comment submission page on livejournal. If you need an example to test, try http://tweakt.livejournal.com/703192.html?mode=reply

The page appears to be almost fully loaded. Firebird.exe shoots to near 10% CPU and freezes. I have to kill it and all is well.

I haven't tried cleaning anything up yet.
cdaledave

Re: Crashes on Livejournal comment post page

Post by cdaledave »

cdaledave wrote:Both this and the build from the 18th have been crashing on me whenever I load the comment submission page on livejournal. If you need an example to test, try http://tweakt.livejournal.com/703192.html?mode=reply

Actually, try http://www.livejournal.com/users/tweakt ... to=1241954
I haven't figured out why some crash and some don't.
prandal

Post by prandal »

OK, clean install, reinstalled all plugins and it is now OK.

Must have been some corruption somewhere.

Phil
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

shoestring wrote:OK, is it possible to install a zip nightly over the 0.8 release (with numerous extensions), and not have Bad Things happen?

You must install to a clean dir. Since most extensions live in the profile these days, and you can usually keep that intact **, extensions should not be a problem. Your directory of plugins can be copied to the new installation.

I've often wondered why there don't seem to be incremental nightlies (one type containing just those modules that have changed since the milestone, and another with just those that have changed since the last nightly). I'd think at least 90% of the .jars, at least, are identical ... or aren't they? ...

Probably when the code stabilizes after 1.0 they would consider doing that.

** Delete file xul.mfl and the cache directory. Keep everything else.