Toolbar buttons in 2/5 build

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Hooded One

Toolbar buttons in 2/5 build

Post by Hooded One »

I've got the 2/5 build installed, and most everything seems smoother/better from the last nightly I installed (forgot which one that was).

Except.... that my Back and Forward buttons seem to do nothing. I've done the whole restart deal and everything. Anybody else having this problem? I'm on WinXP Home, if that makes a difference.

(Oh, and I can still use the menu to go back/forward or the keyboard shortcuts. Just not the toolbar.)

I fully realize that this is just a nightly release, which is why I'm not using the nightlies for anything except testing. I'm just curious if this problem is unique to me or not.

Edit: now I feel stupid. I only just tested some of the other toolbar buttons, and Reload, Home, Downloads, History, Print, and New Window also do nothing. They don't even react to my moving the pointer over them. Other buttons work normally though.

Edit again: I got a little "2" happy there...
Last edited by Hooded One on February 5th, 2003, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arctic Dragon

Post by Arctic Dragon »

All the buttons work for me.

* Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030205 Phoenix/0.5
* WinXP Pro SP1
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

First, I'm wondering how you've managed to go 20 days into the future. Second, there is a major toolbar bug for which a patch has just been created. It might even make it in before tomorrow.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
flii

Post by flii »

he meant 2-05, not 2-25 alan, and you know it. ;)
Hooded One

Post by Hooded One »

*cough* What 25? >_>; I really should get more than 3 hours of sleep a night, shouldn't I? The sad thing is, I know how annoying it is to have to deal with newbies who make mistakes like that, and I *still* miss stuff like that.

Good to know I'm not hallucinating the bug though.
ansorg

Post by ansorg »

alanjstr wrote: Second, there is a major toolbar bug for which a patch has just been created. It might even make it in before tomorrow.

Could this be the but that my toolbars contain only half of the buttons since 02/04 nicghtly?

Customizing again does not stick :( Next time I open Phoenix the toolbar is screwed again
aeon

Bugzilla Bug 191637

Post by aeon »

Bugzilla Bug 191637 Customize Toolbar Bustage
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=191637
wnknisely

Post by wnknisely »

ansorg wrote:
Could this be the but that my toolbars contain only half of the buttons since 02/04 nicghtly?

Customizing again does not stick :( Next time I open Phoenix the toolbar is screwed again

Still busted for me on the 2-06 build as well.

The work around is to go into your active profile and remove the localstore.rdf file. Restarting Phoenix takes you back to the standard configuration.

Not the best solution, but it's a help if you're willing to lose some of the tweaking done.

According to the bugzilla - there's some problem with the java script routine and writing the results of a customization to localstore.rdf.
Nick+
lar3ry

Post by lar3ry »

wnknisely wrote:According to the bugzilla - there's some problem with the java script routine and writing the results of a customization to localstore.rdf.

Yeah. I save my user.js, user*.css, cook*, and bookmarks.html file from my profile and then blew it away, and recreated it.

I did a few things and found that customizing the toolbar ALWAYS seemed to make the toolbar funky.

I got around it by finding an old localstore.rdf from a long-unused profile that I had backed up a while ago, copied it into the profile directory and voila! Customized toolbar AND the buttons work!

I hope this bug is fixed sometime soon. [smile]
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" - A. Carlson
ehume

Post by ehume »

lar3ry wrote:I did a few things and found that customizing the toolbar ALWAYS seemed to make the toolbar funky.

I got around it by finding an old localstore.rdf from a long-unused profile that I had backed up a while ago, copied it into the profile directory and voila! Customized toolbar AND the buttons work!

I hope this bug is fixed sometime soon. [smile]
Interesting observation, and worth appending to the comments in Bugzilla on this bug.