About.png not showing

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Zain

About.png not showing

Post by Zain »

I built Firefox but for some reason, in Help > About, there's no PNG showing up. I put the PNGs in the right place according to Scragz' tutorial but Help > About shows no PNG. Help > About > Credits shows the correct aboutCredits.png, and the icon is there also.

Can anyone tell me why this is and how I can fix it?
Certified FireFox Addict
Lost User 23393

Post by Lost User 23393 »

I've got the official 0.8 release on my laptop and desktop, and both of them originally showed the about.png properly. But now, both show NO graphics on the About screen. And when I view the credits, it uses the old-style flame... hmm...
storm119

Post by storm119 »

Go to your installation folder : i.e > c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\Chrome ...look for `classic.jar' file rename to `classic.rar or zip'. open it...find `browser' open it and look for `about.png' change it to anything you desire (drag and drop choose store)...closed...and rename back to `classic.jar'. Walah! you done dude !

edit: You also can do this to other theme that installed in your profile folder as well :)

Good luck :)
Zain

Post by Zain »

Thanks, I'll do that. Sort of a pain to do that for every one of my builds, though.
Certified FireFox Addict
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

Did you put the about.png in /mozilla/browser/base/skin/about.png? It must be a lower case a