Official Win32 2004-03-09 build won't be released

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

TheOneKEA wrote:In the meantime http://pryan.org/mozilla will have to carry the burden - perhaps someone can volunteer to make bog-standard Win32 builds that are identical to the official nightlies in every way, and simply direct people to use these semiofficial nightlies in lieu of the official ones when problems like these arise.

I've been making these for the last few days now. Take a look in the forums.

BTW, Peter(6), these threads are really good. Keep them up!
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

You're welcome.
I'm not too sure though.
Some people don't seem to be too keen on it ;-)
Besides that, it's one heck of a job to keep track of all the ins and outs if there are so many days between builds.
Besides that, the more I learn the more i realise I know way to little and I simply haven't got the time to dig in to it properly.
Other non-browser projects keep me busy and somehow there's a job to do each day too ;-)

I won't go for it today (too late) , but how about setting up the thread tomorrow and you jump in with the alternative build so that we can maximise the testers and get some proper feedback going for the devs ?

I've been reading the bugs/general folders and people get at each others throats if there's not a (semi) - 'official' build to test. The seem to miss their daily fix ;-)
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

Okay, tomorrow I'll post a link to my unofficial nightly builds in your thread.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

Ok
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)