OK, who broke middle-click on tabs?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
parish

OK, who broke middle-click on tabs?

Post by parish »

Firefox shares the neat Mozilla feature (under Unix) where middle-clicking on a tab closes that tab. I've just updated my tree and spun a new build and it seems that some comedian has decided that it would be a hoot to have middle click paste the contents of the clipboard into the URL bar and (try to) open it. Ha-ha, very funny, but there's still another 20 days 'til 1st April :P

Can we have the old behaviour back please?

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040312 Netscape/7.0
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

Middle click works fine for me...
I use TBE

That sounds familiar parish... perhaps it's a setting?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040311 Firefox/0.8.0+ (BlueFyre)
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
parish

Post by parish »

Since posting I've noticed that mousing doesn't work pretty much anywhere, such as double-clicking a history item, or right-clicking and Open In New {Tab,Window}. Also, Thunderbird which I rebuilt immediately after FF seems busted as well. Guess I just pulled a new tree at a bad time. Ho hum, try again tomorrow I guess.

Sorry for the noise :oops:
Krueger_Industrial

Re: OK, who broke middle-click on tabs?

Post by Krueger_Industrial »

parish wrote:Firefox shares the neat Mozilla feature (under Unix) where middle-clicking on a tab closes that tab. I've just updated my tree and spun a new build and it seems that some comedian has decided that it would be a hoot to have middle click paste the contents of the clipboard into the URL bar and (try to) open it. Ha-ha, very funny, but there's still another 20 days 'til 1st April :P

Can we have the old behaviour back please?

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040312 Netscape/7.0

Running my build from today and middle clicking on a tab closes the tab. Problem must be specific to Linux?
gorgias

Post by gorgias »

In linux I think you will have to change "middlemouse.contentLoadURL" to "false" in about:config Maybe you had this preference set before and changed profile? The profile dir Phoenix has become Firefox in windows so it should be ~/.firefox in linux now...