The Official Win32 2004-03-13 build is out (2x)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Peter(6)

The Official Win32 2004-03-13 build is out (2x)

Post by Peter(6) »

Yesterday
The Official Win32 2004-03-13-11 build and
The Official Win32 2004-03-13-15 build are out.

They originate from 2 different building machines (Gabrielle and Beast) , there should be no difference in patches/fixes between the 2.

The previous Official Win32 build was 2004-03-12

This is just to bring you up-to-date with the changes since the 2003-03-10 build

If you find problems/bugs:
  1. Post them in this thread
  2. Properly describe the problem
  3. Include the url where you have the problem (if this is the case)
  4. Include the "about mozilla firefox" information (under the help button)
  5. Installer build or .zip version?
  6. Did you completely erase the Firefox directory first?
  7. Does a new profile fix the problem?
  8. Include the list of extensions you have installed (preferably none to start with)
This makes it a lot easier for others to duplicate your problem.

2004-03-13 changes.

Fixes:
  1. #233607About Dialog Should Not be Themeable (Skin Change Causes Loss of Image on About Dialog & about:)
  2. #234910crash exiting mozilla after installing xpi
  3. #235558using max-width and overflow CSS properties on a div cause wrong height to be calculated
  4. #237262nsAttrAndChildArray::ReplaceChildAt() should addref before releasing

Patches:
  1. #236919(FIXr)CSS background images still displayed when "Load Images" is unchecked

Regression:
  1. #234116 *Context menu commands don't work in *subfolders* of bookmarks menu.
  2. #234717 *Right-clicking a File Within a Bookmarks Folder in the Bookmarks Menu Makes That Folder Inaccessible if Nothing is Selected on the Context Menu
  3. #222157View Source: Save as(currently disabled), (Find=fixed, Find Again=fixed) don't work
  4. #235709tabs don't close at all (seePossible Solution)
#XXXXXX Firefox regression list
#XXXXXX Firefox regression list by votes (make sure you vote for the bugs you hate most !) ;-)

*= only use Bookmarks->Manage Bookmarks.. , don't rightclick in the bookmarks toolbar.
A patch is ready (review to be made) that fixes both these bugs !

these lists do not include fixes etc that are not marked Browser/Firefox and Win/All (OS).
Firefox 0.9 (planned ~April 2004) bugstatus for ALL operating systems: (+/- are changes compared to the previous build)
Bugs verified targeted for Firefox 0.9 = 55 (-1)
Bugs nominated to block Firefox 0.9 = 33 (+3)
Bugs verified blocking Firefox 0.9 (will probably be empty until 0.9 branches) = 0 (0)
Bugs targeted for 0.9 and fixed = 33 (+1)

this message will be edited if there is any update.
Last edited by Peter(6) on March 14th, 2004, 6:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

no comments ?
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
prandal

Post by prandal »

Works for me so far!
RetepSlein

Post by RetepSlein »

Bug #234966 and #234576 are both marked as resolved / invalid.

And a totally clean install did fix it for me too.

Is there any reason why they are still here?
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Regarding #233607 About Dialog Should Not be Themeable (Skin Change Causes Loss of Image on About Dialog & about, does this patch make the entire about dialog (including the "ok" and "credits" buttons) use Qute, or is it just the contents, so that the image is not lost?
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

Cusser wrote:Regarding #233607 About Dialog Should Not be Themeable (Skin Change Causes Loss of Image on About Dialog & about, does this patch make the entire about dialog (including the "ok" and "credits" buttons) use Qute, or is it just the contents, so that the image is not lost?

I think it only locks the image, to prevent it being lost when a different theme is in use.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

Peter(6) wrote:no comments ?

No comments is often a good thing, it means that things aren't broken. :)
prandal

Post by prandal »

RetepSlein wrote:Bug #234966 and #234576 are both marked as resolved / invalid.

And a totally clean install did fix it for me too.

Is there any reason why they are still here?

It would be darned nice if it were fixed so that a totally clean install wasn't required. I haven't the time to dig deep to see what's going on there, alas.
Gyges

Post by Gyges »

I found a possible bug with the latest install build. I used the Add/Remove Programs dialog on my Windows XP box to remove the older install build. It worked, all url and html settings reverted to Internet Explorer. Upon Installing today's official build (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040313 Firefox/0.8.0+), it only claimed the url shortcuts for itself. Htm and Html files are still Internet Explorer's property.
I know they reset Firefox so it wouldn't steal all associations, but you'd think it want html files wouldn't you?
catchwreka

Post by catchwreka »

Gyges wrote:Htm and Html files are still Internet Explorer's property.

I followed your method exactly. I uninstalled my previous version and downloaded and installed:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040313 Firefox/0.8.0+

*.htm and *.html are both Firefox's again. Profile Migration didn't like me though.
Gyges

Post by Gyges »

It could be something with my setup. I've started having spontaneous explorer.exe restarts. I fixed the problem by using System Restore (which created two firefox and phoenix folders, but that's a simple delete and rename).

I think I'll stick to zip builds in the future. These installer builds are just too much work. :D

I do have one more question. Why do the nightlies still use the firebird/phoenix logo? I am using the default theme, so I keep expecting to see the burning fox / globe combo.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Hmmm, I have a bit of a problem with bookmarks in this build...

None of them work, none of them have context menus, I can see them, but that's it, in any location. (Sidebar, menu, manager) and I get nothing in the bookmarks toolbar, even though I have a folder set as the bookmarks toolbar folder.

Also, i lose my menu items whenever I finish with the toolbar pallette. Any ideas?
Seth Kinast

Post by Seth Kinast »

Gyges wrote:I do have one more question. Why do the nightlies still use the firebird/phoenix logo? I am using the default theme, so I keep expecting to see the burning fox / globe combo.

Something about them not being official builds. I've never seen a very clear policy on this, but I'm assuming that's the reason.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Bug #236999 does not apply to Firefox.
Gyges

Post by Gyges »

SethandCheese wrote:
Gyges wrote:I do have one more question. Why do the nightlies still use the firebird/phoenix logo? I am using the default theme, so I keep expecting to see the burning fox / globe combo.

Something about them not being official builds. I've never seen a very clear policy on this, but I'm assuming that's the reason.

Umm, this is today's "official" installer build that I'm talking about. It's reverted to the old about dialog art.
Or are only milestone's going to have the goods???