aebrahim: Linux GTK2+Xft 2004-03-17 Nightly

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
aebrahim

aebrahim: Linux GTK2+Xft 2004-03-17 Nightly

Post by aebrahim »

Build available here: http://pryan.org/mozilla/firefox/aebrah ... ft.tar.bz2 (11.6MB)

. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-Os -g"
ac_add_options --enable-xft
ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
ac_add_options --enable-static
ac_add_options --disable-shared

checkout start: Wed Mar 17 14:59:06 PST 2004

My download is a bit larger than the official one because I didn't delete some of the extra cruft that gets built along with Firefox. Rest assured that it doesn't hinder performance at all. Older builds can be found at: http://pryan.org/mozilla/firefox/aebrahim/

This build was made with gcc 3.3.2 on Fedora Core 1.
Cajun_Man

Post by Cajun_Man »

I'm going to give it a try and see if this works for me. I downloaded the xft+gtk2 from the latest trunk and after untarring it, it runs, but if I go into options and click on the downloads tab, it locks up. I have to Ctrl-ESC to kill all firefox entries.

And if I type in the url bar, about:, or about:buildconfig or about:config, when I hit enter, nothing happens.

I'm using Slackware-current, with Dropline Gnome installed and KDE 3.2.1 installed. It also happens with XFree86-4.4.0.

I had to go back to a 03082004 (March 8, 2004) build to be able to do those things. Yes I know it is supposed to be 20040308, but I'm used to writing the date in a normal way. O:)

I'm in the process of building one from cvs now, but it wouldn't hurt for me to try yours as well.
Cajun_Man

Post by Cajun_Man »

Well, I just tried the one I just built. I can now type about:plugins and get the plugin list, same with all the other about: options work.

But I still get the problem if I open options and click on the download icon. It sits there and does nothing until I either hit the close button and eventually I get a error box that allows me to kill it, or I do a ctrl-esc and kill it that way.

All the other icons in the options menu work fine.
RuhrTux

Post by RuhrTux »

WFM
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051104 Firefox/1.5
Thunderbird 1.5 (20051104)
SuSE 10.0,KDE 3.4.3
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

Cajun_Man, maybe you need to try a new profile?
Cajun_Man

Post by Cajun_Man »

I did. I renamed the .pheonix one so when I ran the one I built, it would create a .firefox dir and not import anything from the working March 8 build.

I get everything working, except in the options window if I click on the downloads icon, it kills it. The same thing happens to my brother on his Slackware 9.1 install, 20040308 works fine on his, but the recent downloads, or one built on his crashes when trying to access the download section of the options.

The only difference between ours is, he installed Slackware 9.1 and is using Dropline Gnome, but he still has KDE 3.1.4. I downloaded from the Slackware-current and installed my slackware from that, so my Slackware has more recent packages than his, and I also installed Dropline Gnome.

I'm beginning to wonder if Dropline is the cause. I'm downloading one on a Slackware 9.1 install that doesn't have Dropline installed to see if it happens again.
Cajun_Man

Post by Cajun_Man »

Well, I downloaded the one from 3-16 to a Slackware 9.1 without Dropline Gnome installed, and when I open options, and click on download, it opens up.

So it is apparently something that was changed in the source that conflicts with Dropline Gnome. Cause every version I tried after the 20040311 is when I had problems with the download in the options, and had trouble accessing the about: in the url.

The one I built last night fixed the about: in the url problem, but not the download in the options.

I guess I could uninstall Dropline Gnome.