The Official Win32 2004-03-18 build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Seth Kinast

Post by Seth Kinast »

TaSK wrote:
sdstern wrote:So far, so good. Like the new logo in "about:".

Eny screen shot?! i'm using other build...

For me, it's just the normal artwork like was in the official .8

@Peter: the Windows / Unix lineendings bug is fixed in 20040318 installer :)
Waldo

Post by Waldo »

Anyone seeing an issue with dropmarkers? I've got the Metagrams Toolbar for Mozilla extension (http://words.mozdev.org/mg_toolbar/) installed, and the buttons on it are acting wonky with *two* dropmarkers shown.
elve

Post by elve »

John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Peter(6) wrote:Honesty is punishid !
p.s.
:roll:

Okay, to show you my nicer side, I am not commenting on the spelling of "punishid"....

(Just be thankful you are not one of the wonderful teens I teach!)
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

John Liebson wrote:...
Okay, to show you my nicer side, I am not commenting on the spelling of "punishid"....

But you just did!

;-)
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

sasquatch wrote:
John Liebson wrote:...

But you just did!

;-)

No, I did not: There's no comment in that comment....

Comment-allez voûs?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

John Liebson wrote:..

Comment-allez voûs?

Ba dum bump!

(There you go (allez) again.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

Hmmm, all the builders are hiding... not a single checking for hours and hours now.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
Mook

Post by Mook »

elve:
For bug 237804, wouldn't a better fix be to change the style rules such that you don't specify height, but specify a bottom instead? In that case we won't ever need to worry about the dialog heights again...

(For the images problem - I wonder if it'd be worthwhile to break the credits image into two, using the same logo image as the about page (using the same CSS rules etc., so it would always be in the same spot) and just have the line in an image by itself)

[edit]
Peter(6): bug 171605 appears to be listed twice. As far as I can tell, there's no extra patch attached to the bug either.
[/edit]
poot.
Mozilla-Hulk

Post by Mozilla-Hulk »

Neil Parks wrote:
Mozilla-Hulk wrote:I am currently getting crashes with this build. I'm currently running Gecko/20040302 Firefox/0.8.0+ and downloaded the zip for today. I renamed my old directory to MozillaFirefox-old and then extracted the new one. I then tried running the new one and it crashed right away. I then tried to see if I could bring up the profile manager but it too crashed. I thought it might be the no profile bug but I checked my Application Data directory and there is a Firefox directory there with both the pluginreg.dat and registry.dat files but no Profile directory.

It is the no profile bug 236673. The 2 .dat files in Firefox dir were not pre-existing ones. (See my comment #12 to that bug.)

Copy the .dat files from Phoenix to Firefox. In the Phoenix profile, del the cache and xul.mfl .

Thanks, that did it. Sorry if I'm repeating stuff but isn't the profile suppose to get migrated over to the Firefox directory? Currently all my profile info is still in the Phoenix directories.
Mozilla is the strongest one there is!!!
Waldo

Post by Waldo »

Mozilla-Hulk wrote:Sorry if I'm repeating stuff but isn't the profile suppose to get migrated over to the Firefox directory? Currently all my profile info is still in the Phoenix directories.

Import's kinda buggish, really. Personally, I just export bookmarks, make sure I've backed up my user.js, and then I just remove the whole profile folder with each new nightly. Sure, I miss the long-term benefits of stored passwords and blocked images, but it's a small price to pay for the increased stability. I've never had an old profile issue as a result, no matter what's happened to the profile.
Mozilla-Hulk

Post by Mozilla-Hulk »

Waldo wrote:
Mozilla-Hulk wrote:Sorry if I'm repeating stuff but isn't the profile suppose to get migrated over to the Firefox directory? Currently all my profile info is still in the Phoenix directories.

Import's kinda buggish, really. Personally, I just export bookmarks, make sure I've backed up my user.js, and then I just remove the whole profile folder with each new nightly. Sure, I miss the long-term benefits of stored passwords and blocked images, but it's a small price to pay for the increased stability. I've never had an old profile issue as a result, no matter what's happened to the profile.

I have to say that for the past year or more since I've been using Phoenix and now Firefox I've never had a big problem with reusing my profile. There have been times when I've needed to recreate a brand new one but profiles have been pretty decent.

I also haven't installed any extensions yet so take my words with that in mind.
Mozilla is the strongest one there is!!!
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Mozilla-Hulk wrote:Thanks, that did it. Sorry if I'm repeating stuff but isn't the profile suppose to get migrated over to the Firefox directory? Currently all my profile info is still in the Phoenix directories.

Yup, so is mine.

The 2 dat files are in Firefox, but everything else remains in Phoenix.
Daeron Tinúviel

Post by Daeron Tinúviel »

Waldo wrote:

well if u go to your profile folder and copy bookmarks,cookies,prefs,signons and user u dont lost any of your passwords or any important stuff
ImageImage