02/21/2003 Build is out and works!

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
JaGGeR

Post by JaGGeR »

ehume, what's the nature of this url drop down list bug??? it seems okay with me..
Chris Cook

Post by Chris Cook »

JaGGeR wrote:ehume, what's the nature of this url drop down list bug??? it seems okay with me..

See my comments in this thread:
http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6327
ehume

Post by ehume »

This http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6327 is the URL drop-down bug. I have found a work-around: use a profile created under and older version. My test build is using a profile created under 2003-02-18 or -04. My workaday build is now using a profile created under 2003-01-29. Both allow 2003-02-21 to work without the bug.
JaGGeR

Post by JaGGeR »

hmmm.. not much of an inconvenience for me but definitely a bug.. in my case, occurs only if portions of the url address combobox is off-screen..
iceowl

Post by iceowl »

Anyone else with this? I can install extensions no probs, but themes - any and all - do not download or install, at least from David's site. Yet I go back to 0.5 milestone and they download and install fine, so I don't think its the site itself.
JaGGeR

Post by JaGGeR »

iceowl wrote:Anyone else with this? I can install extensions no probs, but themes - any and all - do not download or install, at least from David's site. Yet I go back to 0.5 milestone and they download and install fine, so I don't think its the site itself.

does not occur for me.. downloading and installing themes from David's site seemed fine (even the "use this theme" option works)..
denro

extension problem

Post by denro »

On the 2/21 release of Px on Win XP and creating a new profile:
I am still having the problem of not being able to install extension XPI files. If I click on the install at the Texturizer site, Phoenix gives me a download dialog or open with my choice of programs. If I choose Px to open, it still tries to download the file. If I drag the downloaded file onto a Px window it does not install (trying this with the tab extensions.) It is as though Phoenix on my machine doesn't know how to handle xpi files. Any ideas what is going wrong?
-- Denro
ehume

Post by ehume »

Hmm. On my Win XP system, installing xpi's and jar themes has not been a problem with 2003-02-21, and I have installed it three times.
ciantic

Post by ciantic »

G-R-E-A-T!
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

hmm I must correct my post.
I have restart phoenix and now the extensions are installed...
rbrimhall

Post by rbrimhall »

no problems so far!! Right on!
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

ehume wrote:I have backtracked my workaday version to 2003-01-29. No more problems with the URL history dropdown list. 2003-02-21 now relegate to test build status.

It's weird... I've been trying to reproduce your problem with my 2003-02-21 build but haven't been able to. Mine's the Linux version, so that could be the obstacle. I've tried both short and long URLs, but to no avail.
Kubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-25-generic) / KDE 3.5.10
CentOS 4.8 (kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) / KDE 3.5.10
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) / iPhone 3GS (32GB black)
tve

Post by tve »

nice job, thanks :)
aspr1n

Post by aspr1n »

I have to say I have tried the 20th & 21st and have loads of really strange intermittent issues.

Profiles not working or working strangely, the prefs panel shows as buttons one minute, and then icons on white background the next, back button working intermittently, right click open link in new tab, opens a second blank tab as well as the one I want. The blank tab can't be shut until the tab I want is closed, closing the blank tab then closes the original linking tab, but leaves the blank one open.

CTRL+T intermittently opens a new tab behind my current one, selecting it, closing it, then closes the first tab open. Sometimes CTRL+T opens a new tab *in front* of the tab I'm on which is a blank version of current tab, as well as a new blank tab in the background!

Profiles & program have all been deleted, sometimes it asks for the profile to use, next time after deleting it doesn't just goes ahead and creates "default", very odd. The Qute theme doesn't exist in themes, except it is in use when first run.

Can't click "OK" in prefs panel when adjusting proxy settings if I try and set HTTP and SSL proxy values at the same time, if I set HTTP first OK that, then I can set SSL Proxy.

Also having trouble selecting text lines in Mozillazine forms.

asp
"any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right or doing it better".
Shadow3333

New XFT builds

Post by Shadow3333 »

For people with Linux and waiting on a XFT enabled build.... your wait is over!! Just finished building Phoenix with XFT. Based on todays source code, runs smooth, but i don't use extensions. Anyone care to Download and fool around with it?

My build will be mirrored here: http://pryan.org/phoenix/martijn/

It should turn up there pretty soon.