2/21/03 Doesn't Work with ContextMenu Extensions

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Goldzilla

2/21/03 Doesn't Work with ContextMenu Extensions

Post by Goldzilla »

Downloaded 2/21/03 after all of the excitement that most everything works with it. TabBrowser Extensions seems fine but ContextMenu Extensions has a lot of problems. The Extensions menu shows up on the menubar but you can't select preferences (nothing happens). If you go into Tools->Options->Extensions, you can select TabBrowser and click Settings but the option is greyed out when you select ContextMenu Extensions.

I tried the chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref.xul trick but nothing is saved from session to session.

I also imported my settings from my backed up area and they did import so I can get my Custom Scripts and my applications but they don't show up on the menu bar. They are persistent between Phoenix sessions though. There is one option that I can't get to work no matter what I tried and that is send selection to a web page. I can't get it to show up in the context menu nor the menubar.

Perhaps someone could do some magic to get ContextMenu Extensions to work like TabExtensions works now. In the meantime, I'll go out, get some dinner and see if there are any other comments later tonight. If I don't hear anything, it's back to 1/29/2003.

One other thing is that this release uses more memory compared to 1/29 and doesn't like to give it back up when tabs get closed. I thought that things were bad enough with 1/29 but did read about a bugfix that went in last week having to do with memory leaks in Mozilla which was another reason to try out the latest Phoenix.
Goldzilla

All fixed now.

Post by Goldzilla »

I have Context Menu Extensions working with the new Pref Panels I also have two profiles set up now so that I can have a stabile environment and a play environment. Piro hasn't updated Context Menu Extensions but it should only take him a minute to do so if he so chooses.

I used the 2003/02/21 nightly and I find that it's faster than the the 1/29 nightly but that it also is pretty hungry for memory. I have the 2/26 nightly that I plan to try out though not tonight.

One thing that I noticed is that you can't run two different versions of Phoenix on Windows XP. Trying to bring up a second version does nothing. I have TBE set up in single-window mode so that might be the cause. Will have to test it out another time.