px tinderbox?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
djk

px tinderbox?

Post by djk »

I tried to look at the Phoenix tinderbox tree at http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds ... ee=Phoenix but nothing comes up.

Is there any way we can see if Phoenix is currently building correctly, aside from loading Linux and pulling from CVS? :-} (I wany a 2/24 nightly, but fear that the death of bookmarksToolbar.xul caused problems...)

Thanks,
David
djk

ok....patience, patience

Post by djk »

Ok, I see there's a 12/24 win32 build.

But I'd still like to know if there is a tinderbox display...
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Just wait until noon EST and see if a new build pops up in the ftp nightly folder.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
pch

Re: px tinderbox?

Post by pch »

djk wrote:I tried to look at the Phoenix tinderbox tree at http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds ... ee=Phoenix but nothing comes up.

Hehe, try again... good surprise now for Ts.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

can't open batch-1.pl

And I don't see your name listed, pch. Or is that just people guilty of bad stuff?
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
pch

Post by pch »

alanjstr wrote:And I don't see your name listed, pch. Or is that just people guilty of bad stuff?

Bryner fixed the tinderbox bustage.
My big checkin went during it was off. but it's the cause of the 6% improvemnt in Ts.
asa

Post by asa »

pch wrote:
alanjstr wrote:And I don't see your name listed, pch. Or is that just people guilty of bad stuff?

Bryner fixed the tinderbox bustage.
My big checkin went during it was off. but it's the cause of the 6% improvemnt in Ts.

Awesome! 6% is nice. Unfortunately, we've learned that we can't always trust measurements on a machine that goes down for any length of time so it's possible that the win was better or worse than what Ts reports.

Thanks also for hooking up context menus in the bookmarks menu.

Two problems I see. First, when I create a new window I see a second set of bookmarks on the bookmarks toolbar. Second, when I do an action with the context menu on the bookmarks menu it shouldn't close the bookmarks menu and it does. Ideally the menu would stay open so I could see the results of what I just did and possibly do more (deleting, renaming, etc.)

And thanks for fixing the tabbed browsing bustage.

--Asa
djst

Post by djst »

asa wrote:Thanks also for hooking up context menus in the bookmarks menu.

Two problems I see. First, when I create a new window I see a second set of bookmarks on the bookmarks toolbar.

That's <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=194756">bug 194756</a>.

asa wrote:Second, when I do an action with the context menu on the bookmarks menu it shouldn't close the bookmarks menu and it does. Ideally the menu would stay open so I could see the results of what I just did and possibly do more (deleting, renaming, etc.)

Also, I think that a Rename item should be added, so you don't have to go to Properties to do that. Is there a rfe filed for that?
pch

Post by pch »

asa wrote:Second, when I do an action with the context menu on the bookmarks menu it shouldn't close the bookmarks menu and it does. Ideally the menu would stay open so I could see the results of what I just did and possibly do more (deleting, renaming, etc.)

yup, still to be done :)

djst wrote:Also, I think that a Rename item should be added, so you don't have to go to Properties to do that. Is there a rfe filed for that?

The bookmarks property dialog will have a big lifting in the near future. It will load much quicker. We will see then if a rename button is still needed. Personally I think that the context menu is already long enough.
djst

Post by djst »

I think it would be a nice addition to the context menu. It's not that long I think. Renaming is probably the only reason you open the Properties window in 95% of the cases.

For whatever it's worth, I've filed a rfe for it, but bugzilla seems to be down so I can't find the bug number.