Vista's Data Execution Prevention is killing Firefox 3

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
jon360

Re: Vista's Data Execution Prevention is killing Firefox 3

Post by jon360 »

Just an update on my problem. I reinstalled Firefox and the crashing continued, even without any extensions. Then I tried reinstalling and deleting all of my data (just selected the option in the uninstaller) and now the crashing has seemed to have stopped. I'm guessing something about my profile must have been corrupted.

- Jon
nxmehta

Post by nxmehta »

I see this problem constantly with Firefox 3 and Vista Business 32-bit. I don't have the Turner plugin installed. Unfortunately I'm having a really hard time reproducing this as it appears to happen randomly. Some sites seem to have a higher probability of crashing Firefox than others.

I have a bunch of extensions installed, but until I can consistently crash Firefox with a specific test case I can't really determine if it's the fault of some bad extension.

:(
lazytt

Post by lazytt »

hmm, seems like ive been having the same issues. I install ff3 (rc1, rc2, rc3, final) on a couple of machines. I have only seen the random crashes on vista
KieranG

Post by KieranG »

I signed up to add my name to the list of people with this problem.

DEP is killing FF3 every 5-10 minutes (sometimes even less than that) - I'm on a fresh FF3 (final release), fresh profile, with no extensions.

Horrible issue, and I'm sticking to Opera until this is fixed...

It's a shame they aren't looking in to this, as I'd love to use FF3. It works on my Mac fine...
nxmehta

Post by nxmehta »

This is really a pain to debug because the crashes are random (albeit frequent). Does any FF or Vista guru know of some way to turn on extended debugging info so that I can try to gather information on what exactly is causing a crash?
SK.

Post by SK. »

Locking. Please see the announcement in this forum for information.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13