Regarding FireFox3 zoom filter

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
trieste

Re: Regarding FireFox3 zoom filter

Post by trieste »

If it's possible to add an option for 'text-only' zoom, it's definitely possible to add an option for unfiltered zoom. If there's a need to bring in the 'too many options is UI bloat/clutter' argument, then I guess Firefox has to be coded in such a way as to intelligently detect when to perform bilinear filtering, and when not to. :)
Stifu

Post by Stifu »

This has probably been brought up before, but a solution might be to apply a different filter depending on image type.
Like, jpg = bilinear filtering, gif/png (8-bit) = another filter that doesn't make images blurry (but you still wouldn't be able to see the raw pixels this way).
But that'd probably complicate things for developers, which may not be worth it in the end...
trieste

Post by trieste »

My sentiment exactly, a UI option (in the zoom menu) is far easier to implement.
ConceitArturo

Post by ConceitArturo »

There still isnt any viable alternative, if there is a problem with cluttering the AI then I would be happy installing an extra addon specifically for this problem...that way only people who want clean zooms have them.
Xooxer

Post by Xooxer »

I just updated to 3.0.4 and it seems to have improved the zoom, though it's not pixel perfect, it seems better than it was. Did they slip a little something in this recent update? :D
Ayu

Post by Ayu »

ConceitArturo wrote:There still isnt any viable alternative, if there is a problem with cluttering the AI then I would be happy installing an extra addon specifically for this problem...that way only people who want clean zooms have them.

I would kill for that right now. An option to switch back to unfiltered would be highly appreciated.

Firefox has always been about customization and choice, as I saw it, so this is a bit of a disappointment.
dolleh

Post by dolleh »

I've just update ff3.5.8 but the image still blur. how to fix it? I'm very disappoint when i see it
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You are replying to an elderly thread (2008). Locking. Since the fix isn't likely to be the same please start a new thread fully describing the problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

dolleh, you've posted to a thread that died almost a year and half ago when different versions were in use. If you need support with the current version, please create a new topic and provide details of the problem you are experiencing.

Locking this thread due to the age of the original posts.