Build Attempt - No rule to make target - Error 2

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
nrthomas

Post by nrthomas »

Yes, that's right.

Some tips for Yek: add MOZ_PKG_FORMAT=BZ2 when calling make for direct bzip2 compression. Change "ls -al" to "ls -alt" to get the most recent file at the top of the list.
Nick Thomas - Mozilla Release Engineer
Yek

Post by Yek »

Agree with both of you for the most part, and thanks for the tip, Fred.

Since most of the files in $mozilla_root/$objdir/dist/bin are symlinks to other parts of the build tree, this is one of the things that xpinstall/packager Makefile handles and resolves into the dist dir, although that part of its functionality is probably no more than a tar -h command.

More importantly, but possibly still not that important at the moment since we're not doing custom builds for largescale distribution, is that packager uses manifests depending upon the build type to determine which files are actually on the distribution list and to resolve any inconsistencies. I suppose you could learn all you needed by looking at a current copy of say the unix or win manifests that're in xpinstall/packager. I've not got a cvs tree on this system to look at.

This info was true when I was building for the 6 months or so when I was more into it, but since i've taken a couple of months off, I can't say that xpinstall/packager is still the best or most viable course to take. Maybe tar -h cvjf works just as well.

Either way: you get the idea lol :)
nrthomas

Post by nrthomas »

The text color bug might just have got fixed for gtk2: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=239934
Nick Thomas - Mozilla Release Engineer
ja'far

Post by ja'far »

Does it matter that the bug is listed as in Thunderbird?
Linux is love.
nrthomas

Post by nrthomas »

Sorry, I missed that detail in the bug. I first saw the file patched, which is <code>mozilla/toolkit/skin/gtk2/menu.css</code>, so I think that applies to both Firefox & Thunderbird.